corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Just bought a Canon SX30 IS

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just bought a Canon SX30 IS
gooner_47

User status: Offline
1st Sep 11 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So I'll be going over to Australia for the year sometime in 2012, and I wanted to get some decent snaps to remember my time there. I had originally been thinking of a DSLR but then found out about bridge cameras - pretty much ideal for what I want it for, far more capable than a compact, but smaller and no hassle of changing lenses that you'd get with a DSLR - ideal for travelling.

I went for the SX30 mainly for the zoom, it's incredible check out this vid I took while on holiday with the family - obviously gets grainy as it gets into digital zoom (where it briefly pauses is where the optical zoom ends), but still pretty amazing imo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFLicqzokVE

Anyway, only just got the camera and have only read halfway through the manual, and a couple of tutorials online... was playing around with it constantly while on holiday and got a few shots I liked - constructive criticism\tips on these? (worth mentioning these were all in auto mode or special 'scene' modes like 'beach', 'landscape' etc - apart from a few using aperture priority, haven't got to playing around in manual mode yet!):

neoquip

1st Sep 11 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not bad at all
noshua

2nd Sep 11 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by neoquip
not bad at all

That optical zoom is amazing, proper stalkerish
AndyKent

2nd Sep 11 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who are the people, all randoms or do you know them?

Theres a brilliant thread on talk photography of street photography just taking pictures of strangers - I'm not sure if I'd have the confidence to just walk up to someone and ask to take their picture!
gooner_47

2nd Sep 11 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the people are family, i'd feel weird going up to strangers asking to take their pic too! although, with the zoom on this thing - you can get proper stalkerish with it ;o)
Marc

3rd Sep 11 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is one hell of a zoom!
Skylined

3rd Sep 11 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was contemplating on getting an 1100 DSLR but might change my mind now.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Just bought a Canon SX30 IS 24 database queries in 0.0130758 seconds