corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » part number help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author part number help
lisac

User status: Offline
11th Sep 11 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could anyone please help. car has failed its mot and needs a driver side rear quater panel ( sill has rusted and wheel arch, but to replace the sill i need to replace the wheel arch ) could anyone let me know what the part number is please
Eddx14xe

11th Sep 11 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didnt think rusted seal and wheel arch were failures?
DannyB
Premium Member

11th Sep 11 at 17:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What car? are we assuming its a Corsa? probably be better to get a new car tbh, will cost a lot to replace that whole rear quater, even to repair. Unless you're buying the whole thing just for the arch bit and the sill? even so it will be expensive.

If it's a vauxhall just ring your local dealer or look online for a parts supplier.

[Edited on 11-09-2011 by DannyB]
DannyB
Premium Member

11th Sep 11 at 17:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eddx14xe

Any holes and it will be a failure, especially around that area.
Eddx14xe

11th Sep 11 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

O right, never knew that.
lisac

11th Sep 11 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah its a corsa, i know someone who can do the work (mates rates) just need the part. Wheel arch wasnt the failure the sill was but to replace the sill i need to replace arch as nothing to weld to its patched up at the minute. Bit reluctant to buy a new car, as other than that nothing wrong with the car, so even if its 500 quid its still better to repair than buying another car that could be a whole heap of trouble
Steve
Premium Member

11th Sep 11 at 17:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
quote:
Originally posted by Eddx14xe

Any holes and it will be a failure, especially around that area.

not necessarily, its a failure if there is rust within 6 inchs of any strutural or mounting points eg seat mount points etc
DannyB
Premium Member

11th Sep 11 at 17:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah usually, but if there's an area that can be broke with a small, light headed hammer then it will fail. I've seen it a thousand times at my old work. Not necessarily always near any structural point.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » part number help 23 database queries in 0.0051610 seconds