corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Vauxhall vx220 2.2

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vauxhall vx220 2.2
Jules S
Premium Member

User status: Offline
14th Sep 11 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
bloody hell think i'll pass and buy a motor that i can drive without replacing stuff all the time

That, and I can almost 100% guarantee every bolt on the ones on PH will be rusted solid

£350 for a rad on an early car relies very heavily on DIY if you ask me.
Ben G

14th Sep 11 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
not sure you get it..

the vx has things go, like common faults if you will, (engine mounts, expansion tank, radiator) but what car doesnt..

the list i put up there is what i would do not what you have to do..

the vx is actually a pretty reliable car anyway as there isnt really much to go wrong with it.

[Edited on 14-09-2011 by chris_uk]

i did understand it, just though it was comical how you made a massive list of things to do to a used standard car.
chris_uk
Premium Member

14th Sep 11 at 20:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea, the clam bolts are a pain in the arse if left to rust.. if you lived closer i would happily take you out and show you around it..

im off to snetterton for a track day on the 24/25th if you fancy a drive up.

chris_uk
Premium Member

14th Sep 11 at 20:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
not sure you get it..

the vx has things go, like common faults if you will, (engine mounts, expansion tank, radiator) but what car doesnt..

the list i put up there is what i would do not what you have to do..

the vx is actually a pretty reliable car anyway as there isnt really much to go wrong with it.

i did understand it, just though it was comical how you made a massive list of things to do to a used standard car.

ah right

i suppose you could just replace as they wore out and still be happy enough but since ive been through that stage and found what works best and seen the difference it makes to me id just get it all done and not worry for a year... maybe lol
Ben G

14th Sep 11 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
yea, the clam bolts are a pain in the arse if left to rust.. if you lived closer i would happily take you out and show you around it..

im off to snetterton for a track day on the 24/25th if you fancy a drive up.

doing paintball then shame really as i'd love to have a look around one properly to get a feel for it.
chris_uk
Premium Member

14th Sep 11 at 21:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would of been good too as i could of taken you out in it so you could really get a feel for the car and what can be achieved etc.
John

14th Sep 11 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by John
Would anyone realistically pay 17k for it?

i dont see why not, it depends how you look at it. sat on the drive its cost me £28k (inc car) to build and there are very very few s/c's as highly modified as mine atm.

That's an obscene amount of money for what you've ended up with.
Adam_B

14th Sep 11 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant see there being that many cars going about now without the uprated rads on surely?
Jules S
Premium Member

14th Sep 11 at 21:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
Cant see there being that many cars going about now without the uprated rads on surely?

Mines on the original @ 110k...
Adam_B

14th Sep 11 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always thought they were proper shit and spewed their guts after 10k miles damn internet.
Mark Prydderch

15th Sep 11 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been thinking of getting one of these next. I'd probably get the N/A with turbo spec exterior as not to bothered about power, fancy something N/A and raw that can be chucked around some bends.
chris_uk
Premium Member

15th Sep 11 at 11:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

then the na is perfect. just get a decent geo.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Vauxhall vx220 2.2 23 database queries in 0.0227320 seconds