corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 400bhp 106 For Sale

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 400bhp 106 For Sale
stu_c

User status: Offline
19th Sep 11 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

saw this at trax it is pretty mint tbh
Novaneil

21st Sep 11 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stu_c
saw this at trax it is pretty mint tbh

So did I, had a good nose around it. Built to a very high spec! Well worth the money IMO. You couldn't even buy a Twingo RS for 10k now a days
Robin
Premium Member

21st Sep 11 at 21:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Specky's Tigra, Barnes Corsa.

Both running mega power, built to high standards.Both have problems regularly.

Can see where Tom is coming from.

I'm not being funny but the abuse they get on a drag strip would cause breakages on most cars. You use either of them in a normal situation, not repeated hard launches, they'll last a lot longer than they currently do.
BarnshaW

21st Sep 11 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think you have to show any high performance car a bit of mechanical sympathy, although im sure it will withstand the normal day to day abuse.
Eck
Premium Member

21st Sep 11 at 21:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same with a standard car tbh! Constantly dumping the clutch at 6k in first will fuck any car up Quite an unfair comparison by some!
Corsa_Sport21

22nd Sep 11 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Specky's Tigra, Barnes Corsa.

Both running mega power, built to high standards.Both have problems regularly.

Can see where Tom is coming from.

I'm not being funny but the abuse they get on a drag strip would cause breakages on most cars. You use either of them in a normal situation, not repeated hard launches, they'll last a lot longer than they currently do.

Yes i can also see your point.

But Nic's car is a road car too and isn't known to be as reliable as a swiss watch.

From Tom's point of view i can see where he's coming from.

You don't build a road car like the 1 in question to potter around in.

And iirc specky's car suffered from engine failure the last time from driving hard in a straight line for 1/4 of a mile.You can do the exact same on the open road.

Im not dis-agreeing that it won't be reliable to a certain extent.You just wouldn't buy or build this sort of car and expect it to not suffer problems more often than a standard car.
mtpagey

23rd Sep 11 at 02:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by harrispAnd of course it will be less reliable than a standard car how can you think it won't be

The VTS i bought as a track/ring car was running 240bhp at its peak. it was 13 year old car and only had 19k miles on the clocks it, all that power but never saw a drag strip or track Like you say, when the power goes up, reliability goes down
taylorboosh

23rd Sep 11 at 05:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely you lot must agree its overpriced... In real terms with that cash you could buy both suttons and barnes

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 400bhp 106 For Sale 23 database queries in 0.0096519 seconds