corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Warranty advice.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Warranty advice.
All Torque

User status: Offline
20th Sep 11 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi. I bought a car with 3 months dealer warranty. I have found out within the 2 weeks of ownership that a few things are wrong:

The stereo is not hooked up properly, it plays CDs but I can't tune into radio stations.
The two right hand side tires are facing the wrong way.
The rear right wheel makes a loud whirring/buzzing noise at 50mph and over.

The warranty says it excludes ICE, but the stereo doesn't really count... right?
It also excludes wear and tear, but that doesn't exlcude incorrectly fitted tires... right?

Also, do I just get the work done and then tell the dealer to pay for it?

Thanks.
Steve
Premium Member

20th Sep 11 at 15:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

phone the dealer ffs
All Torque

20th Sep 11 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But they're Asian
DannyB
Premium Member

20th Sep 11 at 15:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 tyres changing around will cost you about a tenner, whirring noise will most likely be a wheel bearing so go back to the dealer or get a 2nd opinion yourself. Ariel might not be plugged in to back of stereo properly. If I was you I'd just go back to where you got it, you're fully entitled to. Don't pay for anything though, the warrenty will cover it.

[Edited on 20-09-2011 by DannyB]
All Torque

20th Sep 11 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Air con needs filling too, might mention that too.

It would appear I have bought a bag of nails but I really haven't 2002 Ford Focus, 1 mature lady owner, 12 service stamps 33k miles, all the options under the sun....
DannyB
Premium Member

20th Sep 11 at 15:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They may not be able to re-gas the aircon, in which case ask if you can get it done and provide them a receipt to give you the money.
hbutler

20th Sep 11 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldnt think any of the above will be covered by a warranty. The dealer should sort it for you though. Was it a main dealer?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Warranty advice. 23 database queries in 0.0094049 seconds