corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » help needed please water leak on c20xe

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help needed please water leak on c20xe
b63_xe

User status: Offline
23rd Sep 11 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got a water leak well a split hose but its a plastic hose underneath the inlet its the take off for top rad hose! where can i get one and is there a quick way of fitting without taking inlet off etc?? many thanks in advance!
Kieran
Premium Member

23rd Sep 11 at 16:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You mean the water bar on the back of the block? It has 2 exits at the back and goes onto the 3 way hose and front of the rad?

If so may aswell get a metal one from tx. Or have a look for a second hand plastic one.
b63_xe

23rd Sep 11 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ye i think so mate its quite thick like a normal hose! are they easy to fit?
Kieran
Premium Member

23rd Sep 11 at 16:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But solid plastic ya?

There a quite tight squeeze around that area. On there the will be two 13mm bolts iirc on the bottom of the pipe. Undo them.

And you also need to undo the 3 way pipe and the two rear ones. Hopefully the jubilee clips will be in your favour here.

If not then it's gonna be a basturd!

But it's straight forward just fidlly and time consuming if the clips are shit lol
b63_xe

23rd Sep 11 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers kieran! yer i looked earlier and thought shit me thats gonna be an inlet out job!ive looked on tx mate but can only find one without outlets for heater matrix:S
b63_xe

23rd Sep 11 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.txautosport.co.uk/mk3-astra-16v-stainless-steel-water-bar-250-p.asp

found it !
Kieran
Premium Member

23rd Sep 11 at 17:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good luck
Kieran
Premium Member

23rd Sep 11 at 17:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yours should look like this but plastic

http://www.txautosport.co.uk/cavalier-calibra-turbo-4x4-stainless-steel-water-bar-49-p.asp
Generation

23rd Sep 11 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would definatly buy metal one, also check its not the 3 way hose split, and water tuuning onto plastic bar and dripping off!

recently changed my 3 way hose, just bought a brand new roose one, as didnt want to buy a second hand one and risk a leak on that too and do it all again.

My hole on 3 way hose was barely noticible but under pressure I was loosing loads of water!!
Kieran
Premium Member

23rd Sep 11 at 19:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And there a CNUT to change!
johnhara1

24th Sep 11 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did my mates head gasket on his xe not long ago, on the driveway having a bit craic as you do we forgot to put waterbar on before the head. What a fucking nightmare it was.
alan-g-w

24th Sep 11 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kieran
And there a CNUT to change!

Amen to that shit, I looked like I had been bare knuckle fighting with the amount of scraped knuckles i got from doing it

[Edited on 24-09-2011 by alan-g-w]
corsadonk
Premium Member

24th Sep 11 at 14:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do it from underneath.

New Poll