corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » car tax

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author car tax
dazpee87

User status: Offline
27th Sep 11 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right guys my tax runs out on fri and problem is a get paid on fri and wont make it to a post office on fri at all so my gf was going to do it online for me at like 12 at nite on the thursday when my wages go in so my question is how long have i got to display my new tax disk when i buy it or has it got to be an immediate thing? been told i have 5 days aslong as i have bought it from dvla?

cheers folkes
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

27th Sep 11 at 20:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you cant buy it from anyone else
dazpee87

27th Sep 11 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can buy it online mate done it the last time saves me looking out every form for it :/
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

27th Sep 11 at 20:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes i know but you buy it from the dvla
SXI - Matt

27th Sep 11 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got told the same thing on the phone when I purchased the tax disc so went out on a drive to my local town and got pulled over for no tax, I explained the situation so he turned round and said here's a £30 for not displaying the tax disc then. In fairness I wasn't arguing first time had been pulled at the time so was quite the opposite being young was quite worried seemed like he wanted to shut me up which he did Moral is though you can still get a fine

[Edited on 27-09-2011 by SXI - Matt]
dazpee87

27th Sep 11 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know lol am not saying you dont all im asking is when i buy it how long do i have ? for example if i have 3 days then it should be here for monday....get what am asking?
dazpee87

27th Sep 11 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SXI - Matt
I got told the same thing on the phone when I purchased the tax disc so went out on a drive to my local town and got pulled over for no tax, I explained the situation so he turned round and said here's a £30 for not displaying the tax disc then. In fairness I wasn't arguing first time had been pulled so was quite the opposite being young was quite worried. Moral is though you can still get a fine

great thats kinda gay
harrybanks

27th Sep 11 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As long as it runs out this month then you can drive with this months tax disc until your new one arrives.

So if your tax run out in february and you tax it online staring from 1st October, you cannot drive until the new tax disc arrives
pow
Premium Member

27th Sep 11 at 20:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pfft I do it anyway. Giveashit. I've paid the government my money, the disk is in the post, what they gunna do about it. Should be able to print your own tax disc now tbh
dazpee87

27th Sep 11 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Pfft I do it anyway. Giveashit. I've paid the government my money, the disk is in the post, what they gunna do about it. Should be able to print your own tax disc now tbh

exactly mate cant even fix the pot holes yet the police get the cash to buy st's :/ something not quite right there
Ben G

27th Sep 11 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

keep your old tax disc in the window and wait for the new one to come through.

you do have 5 days grace. if you get fined, go to court over it and you will win.

not your fault they use the slowest method ever to send the tax disc.
dazpee87

27th Sep 11 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
keep your old tax disc in the window and wait for the new one to come through.

you do have 5 days grace. if you get fined, go to court over it and you will win.

not your fault they use the slowest method ever to send the tax disc.

nice one buddy cheers for that
StuartVRS

27th Sep 11 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pretty sure it says on the website you have 5 days to display the tax disc as it allows for the time delay for it being posted.
Jonny.K

27th Sep 11 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv bought tax online twice now n i got a RANDOM stop check by the local police both times and they couldnt do fuck awl as i had a circular piece of paper saying TAX disc in post

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » car tax 23 database queries in 0.0108769 seconds