corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » another police bitch session

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author another police bitch session
Paul W
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd Oct 11 at 01:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been stopped no end of times, january this year was the best, was stopped 3 or 4 times in 3 weeks. First was a 'routine check' obviously to see if all paperwork was in order and everything, no bother and was sent on my way as soon as all the checks were done. Second was driving out from a friends estate where we had been that evening, un-marked focus drove past, span round and followed me to pull me over, was apparently because there had been reports of 'suspicious activity' in the area, again, all checks fine and was sent on my way within minutes. The best one by far was when i got pulled on my birthday, was asked to show them my license so i gave it to them, they then asked if it was my date of birth on my license Cunts didn't even say happy birthday when they sent me on .

Also had the bullshit with the legal pressed plates, asked why i got pulled and the officer said 'your plates are illegal or something?' He couldn't actually tell me why. I've had no other issues with them and i've had them on years.

All my encounters have been sound enough tbh. Spose you do get the odd one on a power trip or in a bad mood taking it out on you just because you're an easy target in a modified car, but equally you could get some proper sound ones who'll give you warnings when you should really be facing points and fines and stuff. S'all swings and roundabouts.

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Oct 11 at 02:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv always spoke to them nicely. But iv never got away with anything. Eg when iv commited a crime iv always been done for it. Never let off
Graham88

2nd Oct 11 at 03:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never been pulled since I got my Sec 59 tbh, I wonder if they even put it through the system
M2RTY

2nd Oct 11 at 06:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ever been stopped in 7 years now, had 2 bmw convertibles with illegal plates and the 500 abarth with illegal plates too. Must have done 50k miles on them plates and never been stopped

Dont drive like a dick and respect the police and you will het away with more
Sam
Premium Member

2nd Oct 11 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've only ever been pulled over twice (both times in my early teens - that's many many years ago )

First time was on the Slough Trading Estate for having a sunstrip that was too low on the windscreen - they made me peel part of it off and then said I could go home and remove the rest.

Second time I was with my then-girlfriend at the time driving down a deserted road somewhere in Oxford they asked me if I have been drinking so I said no. They then obviously didn't believe me so asked to smell my breath... I had just eaten a Burger King burger a few minutes prior to being pulled over and had onion breath...

[Edited on 02-10-2011 by Sam]
antnee

2nd Oct 11 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been past traffic cops in Nottingham with no front plate on and they haven't even blinked.
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

2nd Oct 11 at 11:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by redtom
quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Was driving back on dual carrdieway was in outside lane

At a guess thats why?

Agreed, did you expect him to just undertake you illegally?
pow
Premium Member

2nd Oct 11 at 17:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I keep getting semi caught with my phone in my hand as wekk
Generation

3rd Oct 11 at 01:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
quote:
quote:

At a guess thats why?

I was only there as I was tning right at roundabout ahead, road was dead so went in lane bit early, after coming from inside lane.
If he caught up unbleibaly quick why not go round me? I didn't have a clue what he was doing
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

3rd Oct 11 at 01:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's a Police car. If he caught up incredibly quickly, why not just get out of his way? He won't undertake you at speed as the law says to drive in the inside lane, and therefore you could have pulled over at any second.

If you'd been turning right in the next 15-20 seconds, I could understand it - but you said you were there a few minutes. I'm amazed he didn't pull you and ask you personally wtf you were doing.

I bet you're the sort of person that just sits in the middle lane of a motorway for no good reason too
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

3rd Oct 11 at 01:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at him not understanding wtf he did wrong
Eddx14xe

3rd Oct 11 at 07:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
quote:
quote:

At a guess thats why?

Apparently its not illegal if you dont change lanes to do it. E.g your in outside lane doing 70mph and someone is in overtaking lane doing 60mph, you can go past them. Same as when someone is in the middle lane on the motorway, it means you have to go across 3 lanes to get past someone.

corsaadzy

3rd Oct 11 at 07:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

first night i was ever on the road and a copper follows me for about half a mile and stop me for having on rear light not as bright as the other one :S .. theyre both still on so no idea what his problem was
flybikeslee

3rd Oct 11 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been pulled a few times when visiting the missus in bham. saying the cars registered to Liverpool and making sure it wasn't stolen. fair enough, id rather them do that than turn a blind eye, never pulled in the civic. pulled once in the corsa...120 in a 70...70 in a 50...and dodgy plates...said stop being a cock and i was on my way
Generation

4th Oct 11 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not that type of person. I usually poodle along on te inside.
To approach at that speed and sit on my bumper instea of go around me is stupid. It may be illegal to undertake as it's also illegal to go through a red light. Blues and twos kinda change things though..
mwg

4th Oct 11 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only ever been stopped if I was doing something wrong - twice for speeding, once for turning somewhere I shouldn't. All in my Corsa and they were always fine with me because I talked to them like a normal human being rather than going on the defensive or being cocky. Never had a problem in the Audi or Mini.
cavmad

4th Oct 11 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by geordie_corsa
next time , just do a raoul moat on the police when u get stopped, 12boar straight out the window...

Do you get many wild pigs in your car?

Actually, don't answer that.
nathy_87

4th Oct 11 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cavmad

Do you get many wild pigs in your car?

Actually, don't answer that.

I hate police, fucking detest the bastards. I got pulled over for a spot check, and he noticed he front number plate was illeagally spaced, I played dumb at this point, and said I didn't realise as I've got them done at halfords (which I did), they've got the halfords marking and code (in the correct places), he took a close look and said that he couldn't see anything. I was like IT'S RIGHT THERE!! But he couldnt see it as they do them reflective (fuck knows why - well i do, it's because people don't like them to be seen so the plates look clear ). So he gave me a warning. I didnt point them out to him as I was nervous (only second time getting pulled over within the 4yrs i've been driving). He had a right attitude on him though.
stuartmitchell

4th Oct 11 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sprayed my rear lights on the Corsa blue which then turned the indicators green. Was Swiftly huckled for that

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » another police bitch session 24 database queries in 0.0138979 seconds