corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » did Vauxhall make a 1.2...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author did Vauxhall make a 1.2...
whitter45

User status: Offline
7th Oct 11 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaDave
Shit me a standard VXR is £19k and Nurburgring best part of £23k!!!

no one pays that though

try nearer 13k for a brand new VXR
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

7th Oct 11 at 12:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apparently the key is to show them that the same spec car is being sold cheaper elsewhere. Not just ask and get half price off
whitter45

7th Oct 11 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Not sure where this massive stigma about not paying list price, must be a vauxhall thing, but from mine and many other experience, salesman offer very little in wayh of discounts, they might move a little, 500 quid if you are lucky etc, but people make out you just ask and basically get it half price

you dont ask they just do it

Its like DFS. Have half price sale on year round. Just sell them for that price but as RRP - thats what they are worth

Its to get you in the mind set you are getting a bargain when in reality your paying for what its worth

Its the whole German car thing. People say they hold their value better so its a better buy. Yes they do but thye cost more to start with so in reality it costs you more to have the German model

i.e say you pay 22k for an insignia that hold 40% of its value in 3 years - you lose 13.2k. Pay 30k for a German car that holds 50% of its value and you lose 15k

3CorsaMeal

7th Oct 11 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just buy 6month old, massive discount same car
Dave

7th Oct 11 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
quote:
Not sure where this massive stigma about not paying list price, must be a vauxhall thing, but from mine and many other experience, salesman offer very little in wayh of discounts, they might move a little, 500 quid if you are lucky etc, but people make out you just ask and basically get it half price

Its like DFS. Have half price sale on year round. Just sell them for that price but as RRP - thats what they are worth

Its to get you in the mind set you are getting a bargain when in reality your paying for what its worth

Its the whole German car thing. People say they hold their value better so its a better buy. Yes they do but thye cost more to start with so in reality it costs you more to have the German model

i.e say you pay 22k for an insignia that hold 40% of its value in 3 years - you lose 13.2k. Pay 30k for a German car that holds 50% of its value and you lose 15k

On the plus side, you've been driving a BMW/Audi for 3 years though and not a Vauxhall.

They'd have to knock a good 4.5k off that 1.2 at least, I don't see them doing that unless Vauxhall have some sort of new pricing policy.
whitter45

7th Oct 11 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
quote:

On the plus side, you've been driving a BMW/Audi for 3 years though and not a Vauxhall.

They'd have to knock a good 4.5k off that 1.2 at least, I don't see them doing that unless Vauxhall have some sort of new pricing policy.

i can only speak from experience of buying the VXR for 13k

Dave

7th Oct 11 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be fair the German cars cost more because they are, for the most part, better cars. A bit like why French cars are cheaper and Korean ones even more so.

What I'm getting at is similar to your sofa analogy, are Vauxhall deliberately inflating list price so you think you are getting a good deal? Seams a risky strategy if people just compare list prices and go for the cheaper one without visiting the dealer. Might nip down to Perrys tomorrow, see what the prices are really.

[Edited on 07-10-2011 by CorsaDave]
Steve
Premium Member

7th Oct 11 at 15:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv yet to see a dealer offer these magic discounts i must admit I have never tried a Vauxhall dealer though
Ojc

7th Oct 11 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When we got the Corsa VXR he told us 17k and 500 extra for the 18's and then £300 for paint, I said "hold that thought"

Walked away with the car in arden blue with 18's for 14,900
Ben G

7th Oct 11 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Iv yet to see a dealer offer these magic discounts i must admit I have never tried a Vauxhall dealer though

walk into a ford dealer and give them a flash of the ford employee card and they magically take off 2k.
Ben G

7th Oct 11 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
To be fair the German cars cost more because they are, for the most part, better cars. A bit like why French cars are cheaper and Korean ones even more so.

What I'm getting at is similar to your sofa analogy, are Vauxhall deliberately inflating list price so you think you are getting a good deal? Seams a risky strategy if people just compare list prices and go for the cheaper one without visiting the dealer. Might nip down to Perrys tomorrow, see what the prices are really.

[Edited on 07-10-2011 by CorsaDave]

thats all it is, they inflate the price so they can then take 2 grand off and people think they are getting the bargain of the century.

they blame the rising cost of their cars on inflation/weak pound and no one bats an eyelid.
Ojc

7th Oct 11 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

German cars are not what they used to be BTW
whitter45

8th Oct 11 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
German cars are not what they used to be BTW

partly agree - although everyone else has closed the gap IMO. Quality of fords and vauxhalls are much better IMO
whitter45

8th Oct 11 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

as said i got the VXR brand new for 13k some 4-5k off list price

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » did Vauxhall make a 1.2... 23 database queries in 0.0132508 seconds