corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Removed airbox flap vacuum mechanism on Corsa B & cold starts

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Removed airbox flap vacuum mechanism on Corsa B & cold starts
ak072007

User status: Offline
9th Oct 11 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, I have removed the vaccuum and plugged it up with a screw, also removed the hot air feed from the manifold to the air box.

The main reason I did this is because the flap was blocking off the cold air feed and didn't seem to open, I tried heating it up at idle and it wouldn't move at all, maybe it didn't work?

Now I'm worried the car will struggle with cold starts in the winter......

Advice on this please! I will reverse it if somebody can convince me this flap actually opens when I am on the move
Eddx14xe

9th Oct 11 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will be fine. It wouldnt stuck up hot air when its started anyway as it will take a good 5-10 minutes of running to get some heat in the exhaust.

ak072007

9th Oct 11 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's what I thought myself. Supposedly Vauxhall restricted the Corsa Bs as much as they could because they didn't want them to be quicker than the astra 8v. In my opinion as standard they run way too hot.

Will the fuel atomise properly with no hot air at all?

New Poll