corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » HTA-GT2868R Leon Cupra R Build

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HTA-GT2868R Leon Cupra R Build
DaNnY_LaD

User status: Offline
7th Jan 12 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks nath
DaNnY_LaD

User status: Offline
7th Jan 12 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well Nice and earlier this morning i had something todo on the car (water pipe) and the one my father in law got was too big to fit on the pipe...

So jumped in the work van and took a drive to my local carparts place...i paid through the Nose for it £2.99 LOL. but that didnt bother me as i had one...

Full fitted the coolant line and then Re aligned the Charge pipe and Tip...Double Checked Everything Then Re checked it again...then walked round the car then double checked everything again LMFAO...For some reason i was SHITTING my Self Really bad....

Anyway Pulled the van up and connected the Jump leads (Just incase i had to crank my Battery a few times)...

Filled her up with coolant yet i was really even more shitting my self But Overall excited at the same time,So the Feeling I was getting was ODD..LOL

Anway checked it all again and said a Brief prayer and Started Here up...First Turn of the Key and she fired up and my Exhaust Is well loud!!!!
Brief walk around the engine bay checking bits and looking under the car she was idling Fine...but with a Brief Hump in the Revs but i havent fitted some pipes Like N75 charge Pipe and no actuator fitted Yet plus my Tip is missing a Jublie clip...But my first concern was to get her running...

No Lumpy Running idle like before nothing...had the usal Smoke (light) from the manifold which was burning off...But after 5 mins of idling as the heat cycle started...I checked underneath again and seen oil Dripping from gearbox side but not in massive amounts so ive narrowed it down to be around the VVT head bit as it seems No other oil pipes Are around there...

How i left her Running

Im am over the moon about it... Im going to look more around the gearbox side and see what can be leaking and were From...But when we rebuilt the head we didnt change the VVT Gasket and VVT Moon gasket think...(didnt ORDER it)

But onwards and upwards

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » HTA-GT2868R Leon Cupra R Build 24 database queries in 0.0112181 seconds