corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » gearbox gasket set on x16xe f15

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author gearbox gasket set on x16xe f15
Jed D

User status: Offline
9th Nov 11 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ordered the full gasket set for my f15 cos my drive shaft oil seals are leaking and so is the 5th gear seal on the end...
questions are:

is it hard to do these?

will i have to remove the box from the block?

how much fluid will i need (got about 1.5l left)

can you make it sunny for one day for me to do it?

thanks in advance

Jed D

9th Nov 11 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jed D

10th Nov 11 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

...anyway, gasket sets turned up... they have forgot to include the drive shaft oil seals and the quality of the gaskets is shocking... cereal box would de a better job
AlexW

10th Nov 11 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The gaskets are always like that. The drive shaft seals aren't part of the kit normally?

1.8l and it will be easier to take the box off IMO. You have to be really really careful when taking it apart and putting it backtogether, Keeping it uber clean.
Jed D

10th Nov 11 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the ebay seller had the set advertised for less ££ without the drive shaft seals and another auction for more ££ with them included (which i paid for)
its only the 5th one on the end and the drive shafts that are leaking like

New Poll