corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Would you take a pay cut?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Would you take a pay cut?
Dan
Premium Member

User status: Offline
25th Nov 11 at 22:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Russ do you live in the same Norfolk as me??

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Russ

25th Nov 11 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You live in a place called gall stone. What do you expect.
John

25th Nov 11 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd definitely post on cs that I made so much. Money I could take a pay it of the average wage yet still earn more than the average wage, just for being lucky and falling into a job after being in one if the armed forces.

Then keep the job paying double because it makes better financial sense.

Shitty iPhone, you get the gist.

[Edited on 25-11-2011 by John]
Graham88

26th Nov 11 at 03:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would stick it out mate. That's about 1k a month less after tax - stuff that. See what happens, take a gamble! By the sounds of it, with your qualifications & experience it wouldn't take long to find another job.
Ste
Premium Member

26th Nov 11 at 10:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I'd definitely post on cs that I made so much. Money I could take a pay it of the average wage yet still earn more than the average wage, just for being lucky and falling into a job after being in one if the armed forces.

Then keep the job paying double because it makes better financial sense.

Shitty iPhone, you get the gist.

[Edited on 25-11-2011 by John]

You are such a retard. Not everyone earns shit money. And I didn't just fall into this job. I've worked hard and trained hard to get where I am. I suppose I could be like you and not give a shit and end up in a dead end job on no money.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
taylorboosh

26th Nov 11 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont think johns view is the way of the forum, this doesnt seem a willy waving post at all to me
Graham88

26th Nov 11 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

John is jealous of everyone else's life IMO
Dave

26th Nov 11 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

John the Jock had too much buckfast last night IMO.

Seems a perfectly legitimate thread and the details needed to be there for people to form an opinion.
Ben G

26th Nov 11 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
John is jealous of everyone else's life IMO

john wants to be english imo.
taylorboosh

26th Nov 11 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agreed
John

26th Nov 11 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm jealous I'm both poor and Scottish

I gave my opinion, the difference in wages is enough for it to make sense to me to continue working being paid double, then worry about something else if you end up being let go at a later date.
taylorboosh

26th Nov 11 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you basicly said he was bragging because wages dont go that high in scotland
Jamescorsa97

26th Nov 11 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wait it out, keep the 44k. do you save much each month? if you get redundant what type of money are you looking at?

With your skills base/knowledge i'm pretty sure you can geta aerospace job within a month or so. Or even abroad doing something earning even more than 44k a year. Don't sweat it, stay where you are and don't worry one bit.

[Edited on 26-11-2011 by Jamescorsa97]
Ste
Premium Member

26th Nov 11 at 20:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do worry, but having thought about it over the last few days I'm probably going to hold out and see what happens. A girl I work with has taken a week off in December to fly to America to talk with boeing. She is shit though and I think she feels she doesn't stand a massive chance of staying.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Nov 11 at 20:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
being lucky and falling into a job after being in one if the armed forces.

Not luck is it.
taylorboosh

26th Nov 11 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont think getting a qualification and then a job in that area is luck either... Johns just sorebecause his broadband is shit
Edd

26th Nov 11 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd wait it out and if you are good at what you do that should be enough to see you stay.
Dave

26th Nov 11 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste
I do worry, but having thought about it over the last few days I'm probably going to hold out and see what happens. A girl I work with has taken a week off in December to fly to America to talk with boeing. She is shit though and I think she feels she doesn't stand a massive chance of staying.

It's not a bad idea though. Maybe not flying to America but it won't hurt for you to see what options are out there for you. What are the job prospects like in civil aviation for you?
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Nov 11 at 23:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Airbus is down the road, motorsport is a possibility and you might not even go from BAE.

And if you do you get some severance and the ability to keep busy while you're looking for proper stuff.

Wouldn't have said it's worth committing to a move for less money when it's the one of the worse of a number of other outcomes.

[Edited on 27-11-2011 by Ian]
Shell
Premium Member

27th Nov 11 at 08:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
you basicly said he was bragging because wages dont go that high in scotland

Really?

Ste, I'd definately stick it out and take my chances. If it comes down to it that you need to find something else, it sounds as though you have enough qualifications that you'd quite easily get another job if you were willing to relocate. My dad took a 20k wage cut last year when they cut a whole load of MOD jobs and didn't renew any of his units contracts and I'm pretty sure he felt it (and yes, he was still well above the working average, but that doesn't mean you won't feel the pinch). He was lucky enough to get another MOD job after a while so I think of worst comes to worst, you'd get something, but don't go to a much lower wage willingly.
baza31

27th Nov 11 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Am supprised no one has asked for pictures of your wage slip. IMO my decision wouldn't be down to money in the main instance.

Do you have kids? If so uprooting and removing them from family wouldn't be very good.

Mrs ? Married or not? Serious ? As a move to other side of country would put huge stress on relationship.

Your mates and your social life? How much to your care for this ? As this would be out of window.

No one can make your decision and am sure you know what your going to do without posting on here. But what I can input from experience is money isn't everything. I worked away for only 12 months in remote places . It was shite , earned good money but not worth loosing a year you can never BUY back . Since then I only work round home and am home every night . There is more to life than earning money and the fact your not going to be earning more means I'd stick it out , maybe the others will take the jobs and increase your chance of staying .

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Would you take a pay cut? 24 database queries in 0.0180051 seconds