corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Thomas Cook Shares

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Thomas Cook Shares
mike56gte

User status: Offline
29th Nov 11 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like i was right
Robbo

29th Nov 11 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TC was never really in any shit anyway. it just wanted to change some finance restructuring to reflect a change in conditions and as always, the market reacted with a mass sell-off
VegasPhil
Premium Member

29th Nov 11 at 16:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lets all start on Simulators and see how we get on. I was so tempted to go in big on the barlcays shares when they dropped right down a coouple of months back. Didn't have the bottle though.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Tom G

29th Nov 11 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

link me up?
VegasPhil
Premium Member

29th Nov 11 at 16:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just registered on this to have a play. http://www.bullbearings.co.uk/welcome.php
No idea what it is like btw. I just typed share dealing similator on google.

My first sharedealing adventure didn't go too well. A load of us at work put £500 in a pot and went for Halifax and Bradford and Bingley Shares. BBG ones obviously went to shit and Halifax went to pretty much nothing after the merger

[Edited on 29-11-2011 by VegasPhil]

Paul_J

29th Nov 11 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
Lets all start on Simulators and see how we get on. I was so tempted to go in big on the barlcays shares when they dropped right down a coouple of months back. Didn't have the bottle though.

Hindsight is great though. It's always easy to see the right / wrong decision to make AFTER something has happened. It's like looking at where it reaches the bottom price, afterwards its simple to see when the trend was reversing, but at the time it's pretty hard to say. Just like deal or no deal, if you sell early you could regret it, but if you hold on and it tanks, you will look even more of a fool.

Put your money where your mouth is and watch how different it is when you start having your own money on the line. It's amazing how much of an emotional attachment you have when you just have a little bit of money on the line. (Hence demo / sim trading is only partially effective to learn).

You often find most people let their losses run (in the hope they bounce back) thus lose a lot and cut their profits short (after being burnt before, glad to get any profit). Long term this equals a guaranteed loss.

Personally in this current volatile economy, I would be steering clear of making wild guesses on the market - either investing into relatively safe / stable assets or letting a professional manage your money.
Munchie

29th Nov 11 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Is the £75 cashback for that x-o site Munchie or Virgin?

For Virgin John.

They invest money in blue chip companies that are doing well etc....

I have shares in bioscience company as well......think I am up about 700quid but that is with another stock brooker
VegasPhil
Premium Member

29th Nov 11 at 16:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah my second post there says why I didn't have the bottle really. Got caught out on banking shares in 2009

AlunJ

29th Nov 11 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Signed up to that bull bearings site yesterday, may as well have a risk free go at it eh
Robbo

29th Nov 11 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil

Hindsight is great though. It's always easy to see the right / wrong decision to make AFTER something has happened. It's like looking at where it reaches the bottom price, afterwards its simple to see when the trend was reversing, but at the time it's pretty hard to say. Just like deal or no deal, if you sell early you could regret it, but if you hold on and it tanks, you will look even more of a fool.

Put your money where your mouth is and watch how different it is when you start having your own money on the line. It's amazing how much of an emotional attachment you have when you just have a little bit of money on the line. (Hence demo / sim trading is only partially effective to learn).

You often find most people let their losses run (in the hope they bounce back) thus lose a lot and cut their profits short (after being burnt before, glad to get any profit). Long term this equals a guaranteed loss.

Personally in this current volatile economy, I would be steering clear of making wild guesses on the market - either investing into relatively safe / stable assets or letting a professional manage your money.
agreed on all counts. wrt share games, they are a good introuduction but rather like poker, you will make vastly different decisions when your actual money is on the line
Dan295

29th Nov 11 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

those simulator ones are the bomb, i made about a grand the other day from MAN shares
Mattb

29th Nov 11 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
Originally posted by Mattb
Lloyds i think at the mo is a good buy - 23p a share!
on what basis did you summise this? because its a low price? or because its govt owned? a low absolute value is not really of any consequence tbh, you need to be lookign for low relative value. TC was a one-off, similar to the banks a few eyars ago when they all tailed right off and there were short term profits to be made

I only say this because there is a minimal chance of it going under with the Gov owning such a large share. The banks are taking a hammering at the moment in the current economic climate. In a few years when we finally dig our selves out of this mess we are in then they will go up - i suspect not to the point at which they were at before the recession hit (£6 odd a share iirc...)

A2H GO

29th Nov 11 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are the sims based on actual real life share prices?
Mattb

29th Nov 11 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes
Jambo

29th Nov 11 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DOn't you all have portfolio managers

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Thomas Cook Shares 24 database queries in 0.0111439 seconds