corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Locking wheel nut help?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Locking wheel nut help?
SXI - Matt

User status: Offline
   30th Nov 11 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Errrr possible problem....

Picked my car up 2 weeks ago and the thought of checking for the locking nut adaptor never crossed my mind, well low and behold it isn't there and no longer have the contact details for the previous owner, it's a corsa c Sri and the locking wheel nuts look identical to my previous ones on my previous car, surely there not all different so would another one fit from another Sri if same year ect?

[Edited on 30-11-2011 by SXI - Matt]
davieslim

30th Nov 11 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

chances of coming across and indentical set are slim, does the car still have the code key for the locking wheel bolts?
BarnshaW

30th Nov 11 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i had a missing locking wheel nut i took it to a local tyre place and they had a massive box of loads of keys and had one that matched! result!

plan b would have been either banging a slightly smaller socket over it or get a professional locking wheel nut remove kit and replace with a new set
Martin W
Organiser: South East
Premium Member

30th Nov 11 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can get a reverse thread socket from machine mart which should get it off. they wont be identical i wouldn't think otherwise they aren't really locking wheel nuts
MatthewR

1st Dec 11 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you checked under the spare wheel in the boot?? Thats where mine were - worth taking ya spare wheel out just to check

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Locking wheel nut help? 23 database queries in 0.0096271 seconds