corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Horse Racing

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Horse Racing
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th Dec 11 at 11:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going to Cheltenham Races for the International this weekend for a mate's 30th. I've never been to the races and never been overly interested. Two Questions:

1) Dress Code - Website says there is no Dress Code for winter racing and to dress appropriately for the conditions. What would be acceptable?

2) I've never been before so any tips for betting, what sort of day I can expect, How much cash to take etc. etc.
Robbo

6th Dec 11 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go proper racing stylee - suit and tie with a winter jacket and gloves for good measure

As with all gambling, take only what you can afford/are comfortable to lose Any winnings are a bonus
Corsa_Joel

6th Dec 11 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What enclosure are you going in? If your in the Best Mate enclosure I probably wouldn't bother dressing up too much, however if your going in the Tattersalls enclosure i'm sure plenty will be in suits if that's what you fancy doing.

Agreed with Robbo on the betting front - most rails bookmakers will be minimum bet £2 but bet what you can afford to lose, stakes can obviously be increased if you have a couple of winners too, or just use it to fund more alcohol!

Not been to Cheltenham before but a day at the races is class, and from what i've heard from others Cheltenham has got a cracking atmosphere.

Be lucky

[Edited on 06-12-2011 by Corsa_Joel]

[Edited on 06-12-2011 by Corsa_Joel]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Horse Racing 23 database queries in 0.0095592 seconds