corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » 9pm bbc2 & bbc hd - Steve Jobs Billion Dollar Hippy

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 9pm bbc2 & bbc hd - Steve Jobs Billion Dollar Hippy
Russ

User status: Offline
14th Dec 11 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BBC is getting set to air a new documentary entitled ‘Steve Jobs: Billion Dollar Hippy’ tonight at 90pm on BBC HD and BBC Two. According to the Telegraph, the documentary apparently presents a more “ruthless image of Jobs” where Wozniak reveals that Jobs reduced him to tears following the release of Walter Isaacson’s ‘Steve Jobs’ bio (click the image above for the clip of Woz from the doc):

Jobs, for instance, tricked a young Wozniak into writing code for a computer game but pocketed the majority of the payment for the project from Atari himself. Wozniak admits on the programme that he cried when he heard about Jobs’s scam following the release of a book on Jobs.

The doc is hosted by Evan Davis, and features appearances from Tim Berners-Lee, Rita Clifton, and Stephen Fry. It will also of course include interviews with Steve Wozniak and others that were close to Apple and Jobs. The program profiles Avie Tevanian, who worked with Jobs as head of software at Apple until 2006, who tells a story of trying to get Jobs to join in on a stag party:

Tevanian organised Jobs’s stag party in 1991, but struggled to persuade other friends to join them. “They kept saying, ‘nah, I don’t think it’s appropriate that I go’, or ‘no I’m too busy, I can’t make it’. Everybody had a reason not to come.”

Woz talked to Radio 4 this morning about the documentary and, among other things, talked about Jobs and the Apple culture:

I just wanted to be in engineering only – I never wanted to run a company, never wanted to run things, step on other people – Steve very clearly did, and wanted to be a top executive and a really important thinker in the world…. Apple does a lot of conservative [things] – we control things – and has very little tolerance…Even if an engineer told a friend something and it got out… you’re fired!
John

14th Dec 11 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll watch it if I can but sounds just like everything else about his life, especially the biography.

Heard was speaking on radio 4 this morning, he's got a cool watch.
Eck
Premium Member

14th Dec 11 at 19:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bill Gates ftw.
Skylined

14th Dec 11 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm pretty sure he didn't get to where he did without stepping on a few toes.

Sounds like a load of crap to me.

He changed the face of technology and spawned the biggest company in the world....good on him.
kennySRi

15th Dec 11 at 01:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just seen this, very interesting and well worth watching.
Ian
Site Administrator

15th Dec 11 at 02:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just watched it. Think its funny that basically its no secret that the stuff isn't good as, it's just marketed properly.

The marketing guy even said they held back supply of iPods to ensure people wanted them. It's daft that the tricks work, even more so that they make no secret that is what is going on.

[Edited on 15-12-2011 by Ian]
Steve
Premium Member

15th Dec 11 at 02:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apple customers are braindead
corsajay88

15th Dec 11 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Apple customers are braindead

Thank you. I remember when the latest iphone was released, people were outside the o2 shop at 4 oclock in the morning.
Steve
Premium Member

15th Dec 11 at 08:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its all so they can get the "Posted from Apple 4GS" preface next to there statuses on FB
3CorsaMeal

15th Dec 11 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only thing i find interesting is the fact he had loads of money but is now dead, whereas i'm still alive. Makes you think about wasting your life away in an office on a corsa forum.
John

15th Dec 11 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He didn't waste his life away in an office.

He spent most of it walking unwashed around the streets of Cupertino.

Forgot to add barefoot, he had that much money he couldn't afford shoes.

[Edited on 15-12-2011 by John]
3CorsaMeal

15th Dec 11 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
He didn't waste his life away in an office.

was he a member on here as well mate
corsajay88

15th Dec 11 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He got sacked from his own company.
Did make me think what would the apple range be like if he had stayed in charge.
Apple users are tools.
John

15th Dec 11 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It would have all been 5 years out of date, looked lovely inside and never made it to market.
adiohead

15th Dec 11 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jealous M$ users in here
Russ

15th Dec 11 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsajay88
He got sacked from his own company.
Did make me think what would the apple range be like if he had stayed in charge.
Apple users are tools.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

15th Dec 11 at 11:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still can't believe he spent 9 months in a field trying to cure cancer by eating grass. What a fanny.
adiohead

15th Dec 11 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only person I know of who cured his cancer by diet was face from A Team
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

15th Dec 11 at 12:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

adiohead

15th Dec 11 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for reals!!!
Nath

15th Dec 11 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will never fail to amaze me how angry anti-Apple gayboys get over this company.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » 9pm bbc2 & bbc hd - Steve Jobs Billion Dollar Hippy 23 database queries in 0.0161920 seconds