corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 106 GTI ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 106 GTI ?
mex

User status: Offline
2nd Jan 12 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thinking or replacing the b with a 106 gti, the insurance is a decent price at the moment and wanting something that handles better and is quicker
Whats the pro's and cons of them ? i know rear axels are a problem
big eck

2nd Jan 12 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This had been done to death mate but there awesome little cars but there are loads of dogs out there so it's hard finding a good one.

My missus and I both had one at the same time and she had nothing but problems with it in the year she had it. Mine never had a single fault even with 100k miles on the clock. Mine was older as well so its all down to how it's been cared for.

Gearboxes are know to be weak points as are driveshafts but I never had this problem on mine. The wife's car suffered mostly electrical gremlins and the dreaded rear beam.

[Edited on 02-01-2012 by big eck]
AndyCorsaSport

2nd Jan 12 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As Eck says, hard to find a good one now, check my garage for pics of mine, was rather tidy and quite rare.

Common things are
rear axle bearings
Driveshafts if it's lowered
ABS sensors
Gearboxes can be weak

All parts are cheap enough though, such fun cars and easy tuneable. Easy to get 150bhp +
SamCorsaB

2nd Jan 12 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good little cars havnt had any trouble with mine even with modifications, as said gear boxes but don't be pushed to get a cheap one. Get a well looked after good example. £1700+
gazza808

2nd Jan 12 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a well looked after 106gti for 500quid on 50k,
Loads of bargains out there just look out for the listed stuff and most of all rust!
vaux.dan

2nd Jan 12 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I payed 900 for mine with 82k fsh and solid. Loved it !! Check under ecu etc for rust.
Paul_J

2nd Jan 12 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

awesome cars
corsa_rob

3rd Jan 12 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gotta saw awesome car's, they need looking after though...as said above, could be lucky and have nothing go wrong but my vts allways had some little problem of something needed doing on it, etc. It currently resides in a garage with rear brakes seized and thrust bearing gone for the cash ure pick them up for they are worth it for the fun factor....great handling nippy car's. Just be prepared to do some work on it when it goes wrong/pay sum1 else to
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

3rd Jan 12 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a MK.1 & MK.2 VTS.

MK1 was low miles looked after & flawless.

MK2 had 90k, had been passed about town and had a hard life, had a recon axle, lot of weldin, clutch, bodykit falling off constantly, paid £300 with no MOT so cant moan tbh.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 106 GTI ? 23 database queries in 0.0086861 seconds