corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mobile Mechanics

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mobile Mechanics
mex

User status: Offline
15th Jan 12 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm fed up of my job so i quit on friday, thinking of going back to college full time or starting my own business up as a mobile mechanic, there is only 2 in my area within a 40 mile radius so i think theres a gap in the market, any thoughts on this or has anyone done/doing this at the moment ?

My idea is buy a van, chuck my tools and diagnostic equipment in and go and fix peoples cars, obviously be taxed registered and self employed
Gary
Premium Member

15th Jan 12 at 11:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go for it. Just make sure you advertise well.
jay26

15th Jan 12 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Am stuck inbetween going for this or sticking with my current job of being a mechanic in a garage working for someone else
mex

15th Jan 12 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jay26
Am stuck inbetween going for this or sticking with my current job of being a mechanic in a garage working for someone else

Thats what i was doing, getting payed £7.50 for been a mechanic but the jobs i where doing such as headgaskets cambelts ect, the boss was getting alot more money / profit for work i was doing for him so i'd rather go self employed and be my own boss and make more money doing it myself
jay26

15th Jan 12 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Am on £9.50 an hour just got a payrise, but like you say there will be more money being your own boss of you can get the work ect. I have all my own tools, unit, diagnostic gear and garage equipment, all I need is a van but its making the break from a secure job that's the problem, with you already leaving your halfway there

[Edited on 15-01-2012 by jay26]
mex

15th Jan 12 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i advertised on friday to a few people and i've already made £350 in total, doing diagnostics ect, i had a job yesterday renault megane wouldnt start made a decent bit of cash on that. its all about getting your name out and offering cheap reliable service. hopefully i will get busy within a few months
jay26

15th Jan 12 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you do meny jobs on the side before you quit your job?
mex

15th Jan 12 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not really only my familys as when you work in a garage for 10 hours a day, you dont want to be coming home and doing more cars, use to get me really stressed, especially on the weekends when you want some time to yourself, with been your own boss you can take time off ect and work when you want aslong as the moneys coming in
Eddx14xe

15th Jan 12 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you know what your doing then go for it. Advertise well, don't tell customers they need stuff when they don't and you can't go wrong.
LeeM

15th Jan 12 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get the best biggest newest van you can, if it's a modern transit properly kitted out inside and good sign writing you're half way there. You have a clapped out old cords van with a pile of tools in the back and your name and number scrawled on the side your never gonna get work.
Get a really good business card designed and printed out, get them everywhere!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mobile Mechanics 23 database queries in 0.0155609 seconds