corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Genuine question of which step to take

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Genuine question of which step to take
Mark.W

User status: Offline
16th Jan 12 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a sensible car (Astra sri 1.6T) and a corsa b (my first car) and can honestly say the corsa is more fun to drive but couldn't use it a daily car again.

So getting a newer & more sensible car is not always the way.depends on what you want really.

[Edited on 16-01-2012 by Mark.W]
Christopher

16th Jan 12 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats what i want to do mark but i dont really have enough money to buy a project car and get a newer car :/
Mark.W

16th Jan 12 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It does work out exspensive Chris over a year 2 tax's £410/two insurances £1500+/2 M.O.Ts £100/2 garages £706 and thats before any repair bills or mods.
vaux.dan

16th Jan 12 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy a 106 Gti and have a corsa project.
Sunz

16th Jan 12 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think A is a decent option, The Corsa C is a nicer place to be.

E seems a decent idea, just finding something totally different to the Corsa and at the same time keeping it within your budget and insurance requirements, pretty much doing that and have been for a while, sold my Corsa sport and looking for something "better"
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
16th Jan 12 at 19:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Two cars on a budget is a silly, silly idea.

All that will happen if you get a daily is you'll spend money keeping that on the road and resent what money you plough in to the car in the garage that never moves.

You got any jobs left on the blue one?
SXi_Tim

16th Jan 12 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah don't buy two on a budget, i did this a few years ago on shit wages and it broke me. Considering insurance has more than doubled in the last few years i'd stick with the corsa for as long as you can cope, get rid of the points etc, then get something decent
corsajay88

16th Jan 12 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hang on to it for another year, get a years ncb, save some more, then you could probably get something better. If your insurance is expensive your probably going to be getting a very similar car anyway.
I was in the same boat thinking about getting a newish car a couple of months ago had 6k to spend but thought about it and decided to keep the corsa and save to buy something better next year.
Christopher

17th Jan 12 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seen a clean shelled 1.0l im not sure whether to go and have a look! Its up for 999 But wont be paying that, 67,000 miles, full mot, but i dont think i could drive a 1.0l around :/ Do you think its worth converting it to a 1.4 for 2-3 years and using it as my daily/project?!

[Edited on 17-01-2012 by Christopher]
taylorboosh

17th Jan 12 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its just mod the one you have
daymoon
Premium Member

17th Jan 12 at 10:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just mod yours. If you have a garage or a big ish shed then you could always try and learn doing things yourself like smooth bumpers and spray them etc etc
LeeM

17th Jan 12 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Option A, but you can get one for less. I paid less than £400 FC on my 1.4 with a dr10, they're cheap to insure

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Genuine question of which step to take 23 database queries in 0.0121901 seconds