corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » halifax and direct debits

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author halifax and direct debits
scoob
Premium Member

User status: Offline
30th Jan 12 at 15:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone else had issues with them cannceling dirtect debits? i have a credit card with them and for some reason they cannceld it putting me £12 odd in arrears, it was sorted as soon as i got the letter but im abit pissed off as it can fuck about with my credit rating. ive not been that impressed with the serivce offerd by them either im thinking about switching banks.
Ben G

30th Jan 12 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not had a problem myself, but they aren't the best bank to deal with.

if you go and pay a cheque in, they will try and sell you everything under the sun and wont take no for an answer, which is why i'll be switching soon.
Sam
Premium Member

30th Jan 12 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Halifax are shit TBH.

I voted with my feet and switched to Barclays.
Tom

30th Jan 12 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been with Halifax for a good 2.5-3 years and always found them quite easy to deal with so far.
M2RTY

1st Feb 12 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

really? Im with hsbc and was in halifax with my lass who banks with them. i am looking to switch as they offer more than hsbc do at present for what i want. I rarelhy deal with banks in person as i dont have an OD, use credit cards etc
Jimbothebarbarian

1st Feb 12 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
Halifax are shit TBH.

Halifax are without doubt the worst bank I've ever dealt with. The carry on I've had in the past with them donkeys refusing to let me take my money out is unreal. I funking hate them with a passion..

I switched to HSBC.
Toby
Premium Member

1st Feb 12 at 20:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had an account with Halifax since I was 6 months old and never had a problem except once where they incorrectly charged an empty account so then I had a fee for an unarranged overdraft with they cleared in the end. They have been excellent on both occasions I got hit with fraud.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

1st Feb 12 at 21:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never had a problem with Halifax, prob most helpful bank I've used!

All my DD are with Halifax too with no issues.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Tom

2nd Feb 12 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbothebarbarian
quote:
Originally posted by Sam
Halifax are shit TBH.

Halifax are without doubt the worst bank I've ever dealt with. The carry on I've had in the past with them donkeys refusing to let me take my money out is unreal. I funking hate them with a passion..

I switched to HSBC.

I left HSBC for Halifax, they are awful to deal with on every level so I wouldn't expect too much.
3CorsaMeal

2nd Feb 12 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

weird you say this as thought about making a thread about halifax.

this week and last week, anything i bought on ebay with paypal was setup as a direct debit from my halifax account

so bought a book for £50, and just randomally checked my bank (hardly even look tbh) and it was setup to take £50 every 3 months.

same happened with a £3 payment too
Jimbothebarbarian

2nd Feb 12 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbothebarbarian
quote:
Originally posted by Sam
Halifax are shit TBH.

I switched to HSBC.

I left HSBC for Halifax, they are awful to deal with on every level so I wouldn't expect too much.

great

Tbf been a few years now and not had any hassle......yet.

Tesco bank I had a big ding dong with but they made it all better by sending me £50 vouchers to kiss and make up.

New Poll