corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » AMPLIFIERS!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author AMPLIFIERS!
Bmorgan1993

User status: Offline
   7th Feb 12 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now as a few people will know Car Amp's are a pain in the ass to get right!, yeah its all simple to wire up but getting the right sound is a annoying!

ANYWAYS need a bit of help

I got a Sony XM-G2002 Limited Edition Amplifier, now this Amp was perfect all wired up correctly but unfortunately when i looked in my rear mirror after 5 minutes of use and some big bass notes! only to see fire and smoke... there was something wrong! so i believe it's faulty as it wasn't grounding at all the fuses didn't even blow yet i checked my ground and it was fine, and the earth terminal was completely melted and it also managed to blow my Subwoofer and 1 of my 6x9 speakers.. now the company i bought all this kit from (www.caraudiocentre.co.uk) have told me to send it back in a rather harsh email but said if they can't find a fault they'll charge me £35!

WHAT DO I DO! i dont wanna send it off and them just to say its my fault ?
Linch

7th Feb 12 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will be hard to prove that it was the amp at fault. And they will most likely try and get out of it.
Dan H

7th Feb 12 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like the posotive and negative have been put on the wrong terminals on the amp
John

7th Feb 12 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It wouldn't have worked for 5 minutes with the wrong polarity, it's almost certainly been some wiring problem though.
Bmorgan1993

8th Feb 12 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds to me like its not really worth sending back ?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » AMPLIFIERS! 23 database queries in 0.0041940 seconds