corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » RAC/AA breakdown cover deals?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author RAC/AA breakdown cover deals?
Munchie

User status: Offline
8th Feb 12 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, looking to buy cover under my name so it covers my new car and others i may drive.

Only need cheapest cover, anybody seen any good deals about?
VegasPhil
Premium Member

8th Feb 12 at 08:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have it with my bank account. Covered whatever car you are in. And includes Homestart now.

That's with Halifax by the way.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Fonz
Premium Member

8th Feb 12 at 08:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure about "deals" but i use the AA, done a double deal for me and the GF for any vehicle (up to 17 seats) we are travelling in, so it is very much just the member who is covered and not just the car

i do admit though i get a 50% military discount on AA cover which did prompt me to go down that route!

[Edited on 08-02-2012 by Fonz]
Munchie

8th Feb 12 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RAC- £27 through NHS discounts http://www.nhsdiscounts.com/standard-items/externalredirect?a=C861CC951BD8482F83094C6EBADF11F0&b=HowToGetYourDiscount&c=C3PTX3TR3XMUPKHZZT4LPSN5&redir=http%3a%2f%2fwww.rac.co.uk%2fjoin%2fnhsdiscounts%2f enter code GE0160

AA- £41.45 and £19 rebate through Quidco
Jakey
Premium Member

8th Feb 12 at 10:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm with Phil on this one.

I pay £25/m to my bank acount and get full AA cover including homestart etc. Also get phone insurance, IDaware incase I lose/stolen wallet, holiday insurance and much more!
Eddx14xe

8th Feb 12 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm with the AA. I have my mum on it and we have everything they do. I pay £17 per month.
adiohead

8th Feb 12 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The AA are annoying. They send me letters all the time asking me to come back to them. I've had to contact their customer service numerous times to tell them to stop.
Neil

8th Feb 12 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jakey

I pay £25/m to my bank acount and get full AA cover including homestart etc. Also get phone insurance, IDaware incase I lose/stolen wallet, holiday insurance and much more!

Surely you could get all the stuff you need much cheaper than £300 a year?

[Edited on 08-02-2012 by Neil]
Munchie

8th Feb 12 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im putting it on our business name therefore i get homestart haha
shaned12345

8th Feb 12 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
The AA are annoying. They send me letters all the time asking me to come back to them. I've had to contact their customer service numerous times to tell them to stop.

They did this to me as well, at least 5 times. I just ignored it.
Ben G

8th Feb 12 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i get the aa letters too for cars i havent owned for 4 years

i get mine with halifax, same as phil. never had to use it but for 10 quid a month, both me and the missus are covered.
Jakey
Premium Member

8th Feb 12 at 15:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neil
quote:
Originally posted by Jakey

Surely you could get all the stuff you need much cheaper than £300 a year?

[Edited on 08-02-2012 by Neil]

Maybe, maybe not. It's around £17-£20 a months just for the AA, phone insurance through suppliers is £5+ a month. IDAware is a few quid and my holiday insurance is just under £100 everytime I go away.

Plus it all comes out as one direct debit so yes, it's very benificial and worth it for me.
John

8th Feb 12 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can get the same for half that from RBS.
Jakey
Premium Member

8th Feb 12 at 15:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good for you John, good for you.
Ben G

8th Feb 12 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you are getting ripped off tbh jakey. they're only looking out for you, saving YOU money.
Jakey
Premium Member

8th Feb 12 at 16:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really don't see how it's saving me money though. The things I get through my bank are cheaper for me than doing it all separately?
John

8th Feb 12 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can get the same from another bank for half that though, sorry for helping.
Jakey
Premium Member

8th Feb 12 at 16:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok then, if you can find another bank that covers you after having a heart operation for holiday insurance and being a warfarin user then good luck.
John

8th Feb 12 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never looked into it. How much is travel insurance separately if you saved £150 by going elsewhere even if it didn't.

If you want to continue paying that be my guest.
Jakey
Premium Member

8th Feb 12 at 16:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Of course I'm going to continue paying it, it's £25 a month and haven't got the hassle of opening a new bank, transferring DD etc.

It was £160 for insurance when I went Malia last September and £180 when I went Bulgaria 3 years ago, both holidays where for 7 days.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » RAC/AA breakdown cover deals? 24 database queries in 0.0084291 seconds