corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Accident compensation claims

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Accident compensation claims
Butler

User status: Offline
8th Feb 12 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I keep getting calls from some company called No1 accident claims, they have all my details are are claiming my details were passed onto them by the third party insurer from an accident I was involved in in 2010 when I was hit by another drive while stationary. They are stating that my insurance company alocates compensation money that if not claimed goes back to them after three years. Ive never heard anything of the sort, nor ever considered I should need any sort of compensation, although Direct Line did unfairly rape me of my no claims and have subsequently costs me a good few hundred pounds since the accident, but should they even have my details in the first place?
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
8th Feb 12 at 17:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Allocation of compensation money sounds bollocks.

NCB will be reduced in accordance with your policy schedule which you agreed to and can't negotiate later.

Depends if you want to give money to ambulance chasers. If not, tell them they're holding data against your wishes and if they carry on stalking you, you'll give the ICO a call and have them arrange to fine them.
Butler

8th Feb 12 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id rather not, I have morals. Just think it seems a bit wrong they have my details in the first place, as in my car reg, address, phone number, name, my passengers name...
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Feb 12 at 17:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like a DP breach but you'll have a hard time doing anything too drastic about that. Best you can hope for is that they remove the details - if you make it clear that you don't want to be involved then they're no use to them anyway.
Sunz

8th Feb 12 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you have an accident your information is sold to the claims companies.

I believe your insurance company will sell the information as well are garages who repair cars and also the drivers of the recovery vehicles if they are involved, believe they can get about £250 just for selling the information

Is a big culture almost of claiming now, wiplash and get a tidy sum in your bank account at the cost of everyone else.
Bonney

8th Feb 12 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just act dumb when they phone me, Just act like you have never had the accident and say you have never owned that car, They soon go away!
Ben G

8th Feb 12 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had the same years ago, they will keep phoning aswell. pain in the arse.

as said, your insurance company will get money from selling your details on. it's a very common thing to do so don't worry about it, just tell them to remove your information off their systems as you're not interested.
Butler

8th Feb 12 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apparently they got my info from the third parties insurance company, annoys me that such information gets freely passed about
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Feb 12 at 03:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could pursue it, they're acting outside the law if you've not agreed to it. Problem is, there will probably be clause somewhere they're relying on.

ICO are the people to complain to and they will investigate it - http://www.ico.gov.uk/
Butler

9th Feb 12 at 03:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe at least they can clarify it, seems all a bit invasive to me. Thanks Ian.
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Feb 12 at 03:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Two things will be the case, they've either obtained your permission already or they haven't, the latter being of interest to the ICO who will attempt fine them.

Regardless of that you can also tell them now to remove your details which they must also do. I'd be doing that as a minimum.
Butler

9th Feb 12 at 03:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How can you ever be sure they wont keep them on record?
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Feb 12 at 03:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have support in law and also the details are useless. But you can't ensure they're deleted unless the ICO go there and audit it.

My guess is they won't want too much attention and will do as you ask. They'd be daft to want to keep your records against you will based on the amount of trouble you could cause them.

[Edited on 09-02-2012 by Ian]
Phoenix Autosport

9th Feb 12 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MTFauI8INY

[Edited on 09-02-2012 by Phoenix Autosport]
Matt L

10th Feb 12 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a text the otherday saying i still havent claimed my £3750 from the accident i had back in july .
Anty
Premium Member

10th Feb 12 at 21:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive been getting calls like this, the same.. i just tell them im sorry but i dont drive.. im a disabled.. lol and they leave me alone. hehe

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Accident compensation claims 23 database queries in 0.0891540 seconds