corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Points

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Points
XE Col
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Feb 12 at 22:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have some points due to come off my licence this year,
Question is : is it the date of offence it goes off or the date of conviction ?
The offence was In march/april and the conviction October.
Christopher

8th Feb 12 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same as mine but im pretty sure its when you got convicted! I got my points in april and got convicted in november

[Edited on 08-02-2012 by Christopher]
XE Col
Premium Member

8th Feb 12 at 22:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was under the impression it was the opposite, from date of offence
Christopher

8th Feb 12 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe then! Im not actually sure but i thought it was when they actually put the points on your liscence :/ Hmmmmm
corsatdi

8th Feb 12 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Date that the points are listed to on your license
XE Col
Premium Member

8th Feb 12 at 23:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drink/Drug Driving (DR10, DR20, DR30 and DR80). 11 years from the date of conviction
Causing death by careless driving while under the influence of drink or drugs (CD40, CD50 and CD60). 11 years from the date of conviction
Causing death by careless driving, then failing to provide a specimen for analysis (CD70). 11 years from the date of conviction
Reckless/dangerous driving (DD40, DD60 and DD80). 4 years from the date of conviction
Offences resulting in disqualification. 4 years from the date of conviction
Disqualified from holding a full driving licence until a driving test has been passed. 4 years from the date of conviction
In all other offences. 4 years from the date of offence

So that would mean as it wasn't any of the above it will be date of offence and will be march/April
XE Col
Premium Member

8th Feb 12 at 23:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Copied and pasted btw
corsatdi

9th Feb 12 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yours will be valid for the purposes of trotting up for three years and marked on your license for 4. All from the date that your points are endorsed on your license, whatever date that may be(written next to the points)
djgritt
Premium Member

9th Feb 12 at 00:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty sure it's date of offence...
XE Col
Premium Member

9th Feb 12 at 16:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsatdi
Yours will be valid for the purposes of trotting up for three years and marked on your license for 4. All from the date that your points are endorsed on your license, whatever date that may be(written next to the points)

I know how many years etc that wasn't the issue and the point of the question is I have 2 dates on my licence next to the points,
As it wasn't a fixed penalty and I was convicted in court, thus meaning I have an offence date and a conviction date, appears it will be from the offence date so that's pretty good

cheers all

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Points 23 database queries in 0.0113711 seconds