corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Buying Cars

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Buying Cars
JM_16v

User status: Offline
12th Feb 12 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive never been in the price range before, wheres the best place to look for second hand cars. im looking at A4 for £12,000 needs to be dealer due to the way my work are finaicing it. nothing on ebay. gunna check out piston heads. is there anywhere else?
John

12th Feb 12 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a small site called auto trader.
JM_16v

12th Feb 12 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i meant to say im looking on there first

[Edited on 12-02-2012 by JM_16v]
John

12th Feb 12 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Arnold Clark is always one of the main places I look but not sure if there are as many of them in the rest of the country
Jake

12th Feb 12 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dealers use ebay now
Metzy

13th Feb 12 at 01:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Arnold Clark are a rip off, i should know, i used to work for them LOL seriously, theyre overpriced and if its a good price theres been something done to it, after a month they dont want to know you or help, how they keep a good customer service record is beyond me

I use Gumtree and ebay, trader seems outdated now and pistonheads a bit too expensive of late, you really cant beat going round local garages and looking though, i guarantee on a run of the mill car like your looking at, that theres atleast 3-4 in garages in you nearest city.
JM_16v

13th Feb 12 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im looking for a 2008 Audi A4 Sline 170 with leather and Sat Nav,

found 3, one sold because my fiance at work messed up. other one had high miles and other was to much £££
3CorsaMeal

13th Feb 12 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i often go on ebay and search cars by distance from my postcode, then keep and eye out for dealer adverts and see if they have a website.
John

13th Feb 12 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Metzy
Arnold Clark are a rip off, i should know, i used to work for them LOL seriously, theyre overpriced and if its a good price theres been something done to it,

Thanks for the advice mate, I've had I don't know how many cars off them, not once overpriced, not once anything 'been done to it'. I do agree with the not wanting to know part.
Metzy

14th Feb 12 at 01:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
quote:
Originally posted by Metzy
Arnold Clark are a rip off, i should know, i used to work for them LOL seriously, theyre overpriced and if its a good price theres been something done to it,

Thanks for the advice mate, I've had I don't know how many cars off them, not once overpriced, not once anything 'been done to it'. I do agree with the not wanting to know part.

Well done then, considering theyre nationally known for it They are overpriced when you compare to other places and the only time they arent is, as said when theres summat a miss and they want rid OR theyve stung you on an amazing finance deal, i know 2 people put into negative equity on cars due to their amazing finance packages.

The sales people make up to £1400 on a deal on a car, i made £1170 for selling a 10month old Passat TDi 140 so think before you think "that salesman is nice, so helpfull and made me realsise its the car for me" blah blah maybe youve been really lucky or have the only one in the uk that is remotely decent, the fact youve admitted they do quickly turn their back on you though saids you know what i put is a good overview of them, afterall if you wanted someone to turn their back on you after buying youd go and buy it private wouldnt you....

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Buying Cars 23 database queries in 0.0131259 seconds