corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » crap handbreak

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author crap handbreak
bigron1988

User status: Offline
13th Feb 12 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

handbreak is crap on my corsa, it will feel firm after about 3 clicks but the car can be pushed quite easly , the only way i can get it to hold the car is to kneel on the seat and pull the handel with both hands with a lot of force and it will click maby 2 times more,

the car has had new disks, pads, handbreak cables, i even took the disks of the other day and cleaned all the inside up with a bit of sandpaper and break cleaner but still no good, the pads had put a mark on the inside of the disks so they are working, just not very good

anything else i can do ?
johnhara1

13th Feb 12 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you tried slackening it off slightly so when you pull the handle it bites higher up.

Having a longer stroke on the handle will make it easier to get more clicks on it with less effort.
bigron1988

15th Feb 12 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any more sugestions ?
.Matt

15th Feb 12 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe get someone to check how much the cable actually pulls each side of the caliper when the handbrake is applied.
bigron1988

16th Feb 12 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by .Matt
Maybe get someone to check how much the cable actually pulls each side of the caliper when the handbrake is applied.

cheers guys

New Poll