corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Airbag light on at MOT

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Airbag light on at MOT
0775kieran

User status: Offline
21st Feb 12 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnhara1
Get the bulb wired to the oil pressure switch.

+1
Steve
Premium Member

21st Feb 12 at 22:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

still wont follow the correct sequence, they will stay on longer on go off before the oil light
oceansoul

21st Feb 12 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ABS light will be on if there is any fault with the airbag system, be it missing airbags or seat airbags etc. When the car is first switched on the airbag/SRS control module will run through a "self test" routine to check the status of each airbag. This is when the light comes on. Once all the airbags "pass" the "self test" the light goes out.

The oil pressure obvo only goes out once the engine is started.

Also note, that if the light is on then NONE of the airbags will deploy in the event of a crash. I.e, In IvIarkgraham case, by removing the seat airbags, in (god forbid) the event of a crash the steering wheel/passenger airbag WONT deploy.
John

21st Feb 12 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He said he's fitted seats with airbag, I'm assuming meaning he didn't have any before, this shouldn't affect the airbag light at all.
Joey 1.6 sport

22nd Feb 12 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your fine till April then it must be off just been on mot refresher course
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

22nd Feb 12 at 10:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
He said he's fitted seats with airbag, I'm assuming meaning he didn't have any before, this shouldn't affect the airbag light at all.

exactly that but my airbag light is on
oceansoul

22nd Feb 12 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
quote:
Originally posted by John

exactly that but my airbag light is on

Oh o.O fuck knows then Only thing i can think of, i read somewhere, that the AirBag module will go into fault (light always on) if the steering wheel is removed even with the ignition off. It shouldnt but does sometimes.

Did you plug your new seat airbags into your car? If they havent been enabled in the Airbag module (i.e. the module told that there are seat bags there) then it might see them and go into fault.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Airbag light on at MOT 23 database queries in 0.0099359 seconds