corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Berbatov

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Berbatov
Nath

User status: Offline
14th Mar 12 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Leaving in the summer according to Sky Sports.

Sky Sports ‏ @SkySports
Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed Dimitar Berbatov is set to leave Man Utd in the summer. More on site soon.
Hammer

14th Mar 12 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Swap for Demba Ba plus $$$
mwg

14th Mar 12 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always had mixed views about him. He is pure class when he is on song, outstanding ball control but he frustrates too much. Feels like he has never really been a United player, just doesn't seem to fit in somehow. But then I can't help but feel sorry for him when he sits on the bench due to the amount of goals he scored last season
mwg

14th Mar 12 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"Dimitar Berbatov has scored every 150 minutes for MUFC in the league.

In all competitions for MUFC, Dimitar Berbatov has scored 54 goals in 108 starts, exactly a goal every 2 starts."

Stats are pretty good.
Marc

14th Mar 12 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Always had mixed views about him. He is pure class when he is on song, outstanding ball control but he frustrates too much. Feels like he has never really been a United player, just doesn't seem to fit in somehow. But then I can't help but feel sorry for him when he sits on the bench due to the amount of goals he scored last season

Spot on really Matthew.
mwg

14th Mar 12 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wonder if he is going to bring another striker in. Got Rooney, Welbeck & Hernandez that play regularly now. Owen warming the bench. And Macheda and Diouf out on loan. Got plenty of strikers but I wouldn't mind another quality proven one.
Marc

14th Mar 12 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't mind a cheeky attacking midfielder.
Ben D

14th Mar 12 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The story stems from his press conference in Bilbao tonight, here's a story about it on Manutd.com

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2012/Mar/dimitar-berbatov-to-get-extension-before-summer-talks.aspx

He doesn't say he will leave, merely that it's possible, although in my opinion it does look likely.

It's a real shame as he is a class player, and he should have got much more time on the pitch this season than he has so far, but Fergie seems to be giving young Welbeck as much game time as possible to aid his development, I think he's played more than Hernandez so far too.
chrisritch

14th Mar 12 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We need a proven goal scorer
Ben D

14th Mar 12 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch

I couldn't see him dropping to that level of football, even if he is nothing more than a bench warmer at present

not that we would sell to you anyway
strick206

14th Mar 12 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Wonder if he is going to bring another striker in. Got Rooney, Welbeck & Hernandez that play regularly now. Owen warming the bench. And Macheda and Diouf out on loan. Got plenty of strikers but I wouldn't mind another quality proven one.

Macheda wont make it, will be sold in the summer IMO, Diouf has already been sold.

We will need another, i would like to see Demba Ba personally if rumours of his release clause are true.

IMO berbatov has never suited us, his class have got him the goals but he slows play down too much, although he is one of the most gifted players i have watched.

More suited to other teams IMO.

strick206

14th Mar 12 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben D

It's a real shame as he is a class player, and he should have got much more time on the pitch this season than he has so far, but Fergie seems to be giving young Welbeck as much game time as possible to aid his development, I think he's played more than Hernandez so far too.

I like Welbeck, he has plenty potential, but i cant help thinking that if Hernandez had been more regular this season he would have scored plenty more than welbeck has.
strick206

14th Mar 12 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There has been talk of Edin Hazard these last couple of days, i would love that to happen, Hazard has apparently said he really likes Fergie as well.

We could cope with rooney, welbeck and hernandez if we had hazard sitting behind

EDIT - Found it

Ferguson made the trip to France 24 hours before Manchester United beat West Bromwich Albion. The Belgian playmaker told the French newspaper La Voix du Nord: "Of course [United interest me], this is a club that excites everyone, but for now my focus is on Lille. But yes, it is a pleasure to be watched by one of the best coaches in the world, if not the best."

Although i can see what will happen now, he will sign for Real Madrid in the summer

[Edited on 14-03-2012 by strick206]
Ben D

14th Mar 12 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
quote:

I like Welbeck, he has plenty potential, but i cant help thinking that if Hernandez had been more regular this season he would have scored plenty more than welbeck has.

I completely agree.

As for the Hazard speculation i would love to see us buy him as it has to be the priority to buy a central midfielder now without a doubt. There is speculation Fergie was at the game to watch Lloris and Lacazette though

And if we sell Berbatov we might not even replace him? considering how well stocked we are for wingers they might just use Ashley Young how he has been in the past in a more central position behind the striker.
strick206

15th Mar 12 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMO there is absolutely zero chance of him looking to sign Lloris, he wont sign a goalkeeper like that just one year after De Gea, especially considering he is improving and will be better next season once they plump him up a bit more.

I dont think it will be Lacazette, i admit to having not heard of him before you mentioned it but his stats look nothing special this year.

Hazard on the other hand, 24 games started, 3 sub games, 11 goals and 8 assists.

Surely must be him.

I don't think they will replace Berbatov, except sign a quality midfielder.

I wouldnt want us to sign sneijder now tbh, another year older and would still cost a fortune no matter how good he is.

Hazard is only 21, well proven in 3 full seasons in France, all be it a pub league, and suits our philosophy of buying younger players....

chrisritch

15th Mar 12 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch

I couldn't see him dropping to that level of football, even if he is nothing more than a bench warmer at present

not that we would sell to you anyway

Why wouldn't you sell to us? Not as if we are a threat to you atm
Rickavo

15th Mar 12 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
There has been talk of Edin Hazard these last couple of days, i would love that to happen, Hazard has apparently said he really likes Fergie as well.

We could cope with rooney, welbeck and hernandez if we had hazard sitting behind

EDIT - Found it

Ferguson made the trip to France 24 hours before Manchester United beat West Bromwich Albion. The Belgian playmaker told the French newspaper La Voix du Nord: "Of course [United interest me], this is a club that excites everyone, but for now my focus is on Lille. But yes, it is a pleasure to be watched by one of the best coaches in the world, if not the best."

Although i can see what will happen now, he will sign for Real Madrid in the summer

[Edited on 14-03-2012 by strick206]

Next ronaldo apparently

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Berbatov 24 database queries in 0.0177550 seconds