corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » A3 TDi Battery Problemo.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author A3 TDi Battery Problemo.
Jakey
Premium Member

User status: Offline
15th Mar 12 at 16:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Copied and pasted from Audi-sport. Just looking for as many answers as possible.

My 53 plate 2.0 TDi 140 is having some starting issues. Somedays it will start first time every time, sometimes (most) it takes 5-10 seconds of ticking over to start and sometimes it doesn't ever start!

I had the same problem a few months ago, read a couple things and got the starter motor out, bench tested it, cleaned it, put it back in and it seemed to have helped a little but still struggled to start.

Now I'm having the same problems, if not a little worse.

I can get into the car, key in, ignition on and all the dials etc are fully illuminated, go to turn the key and the battery does nothing but you can hear a fair bit on clicking (starter motor?), the doors lock/unlock and the time/mpg trip resets itself.

Car won't jump start or bump start no matter how big the other vehicle/amount of people pushing etc.

Had the battery off a couple times to charge so I'm guessing this is my problem? New battery?

I was just wondering if anybody else has had similar problems and it being something worse than the battery.

I've also got the dreaded 'A' head which is prone to cracking and does use a bit of coolant..

Thanks in advance

Jakey.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

15th Mar 12 at 16:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say a dodgy earth
Jakey
Premium Member

15th Mar 12 at 17:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you know which earths would be more likely and where they are situated?
VegasPhil
Premium Member

15th Mar 12 at 20:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Battery is fucked. Slightest weakness in the batt and they won't start. If we had a colder winter mine would have been killed off by now.

Had happened on both of my mk5 golfs on their third year.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
JamesMG

15th Mar 12 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will be a dodgy battery as said, once one of the plates inside starts to breakdown you won't be able to jump it as it will sap all the power so won't start even if jumped
pow
Premium Member

16th Mar 12 at 08:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dads A3 Sportback played similar tricks, new battery sorted it.
Jakey
Premium Member

16th Mar 12 at 10:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers treacle x

New Poll