corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Matt Leighs Private Mix) - Updated

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Matt Leighs Private Mix) - Updated
Matty L

User status: Offline
23rd Mar 12 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://soundcloud.com/p-e-w/frankie-goes-to-hollywood

Getting further with it, added more perc, compressed more, added more low end on the kick and got to the breakdown

Let me know what you guys think, open to improvements
adiohead

23rd Mar 12 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Needs some kind of big drum sample to get it going.

It's just a bit long and mellow, imo. But not mellow enough to be relaxing.
Matty L

23rd Mar 12 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
Needs some kind of big drum sample to get it going.

It's just a bit long and mellow, imo. But not mellow enough to be relaxing.

Could you explain more? What do you mean by big drum sample? I already have a kick in there, do you mean more percussion?
mike56gte

23rd Mar 12 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure on the bit at 1:30. really builds up then just flattens out again. as adio says needs a big drum sample in there.

other than that its pretty good.
Matty L

23rd Mar 12 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mike56gte
not sure on the bit at 1:30. really builds up then just flattens out again. as adio says needs a big drum sample in there.

Id love to know what you both mean by drum samples, do you mean some sort of off beat clap? Are you getting the impression it needs to sound bigger when it kicks in?
mike56gte

23rd Mar 12 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty L
quote:

Id love to know what you both mean by drum samples, do you mean some sort of off beat clap? Are you getting the impression it needs to sound bigger when it kicks in?

yes. i think the change at 1:30 sounded like it should have had a harder hitting bass/drum sound to it. just my opinion tho. maybe its not what you were trying to achieve. but the build up from 1:10 to 1:30 really suggested it was going to be bigger sounding.
Matty L

23rd Mar 12 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Matty L
quote:

yes. i think the change at 1:30 sounded like it should have had a harder hitting bass/drum sound to it. just my opinion tho. maybe its not what you were trying to achieve. but the build up from 1:10 to 1:30 really suggested it was going to be bigger sounding.

Thanks.It wasnt really no, wanted it to build then drop then build again upto the breakdown.Ill try adding some bigger percussion, maybe layer another bass.....
mike56gte

23rd Mar 12 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i see. would be intrested to hear it when done. just been looking through some of your other stuff. quite like it.
Matty L

23rd Mar 12 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i see. would be intrested to hear it when done. just been looking through some of your other stuff. quite like it.

Thanks mate, yeah i have trouble completing tracks but getting close with this one, i have this thing were i become very disheartened with projects fast, esp if someone doesn't like it hence alot of those other project never got completed
mike56gte

23rd Mar 12 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well think you have done well with this one. just missing a little something.lol
Matty L

23rd Mar 12 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
well think you have done well with this one. just missing a little something.lol

Cheers mate, does it sound like its missing alot or just a few things?
mike56gte

23rd Mar 12 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its really just that bit at 1:30 i feel should have a bigger sound to it. could possible use it again later on.apart from that i think its really good.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Matt Leighs Private Mix) - Updated 23 database queries in 0.0071461 seconds