corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Any house alarm experts?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Any house alarm experts?
CORSA NUT

User status: Offline
7th Apr 12 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'd think being a spark I'd have fitted loads of alarms but actually only about 3. And at the time I was only doing the wiring and the PIR's and not wiring/setting up the main panel.

I'm fitting a system to a new student property which will have 1 PIR but 6 panic buttons. Now I've never done a panic button before and can't seem to find anything concrete online as how to wire them.

From what I can gather it's a 24 hour zone? So even when the alarm is off you can still operate them. Do I just daisy chain them with + & - and tamper then put them into 1 zone in the panel?

Any help much appreciated
andy_mk3

7th Apr 12 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What panel is it mate? My dad does alarms and I know a few things on a couple of panels
CORSA NUT

7th Apr 12 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ooooo I think I speced a Texecom panel. I've got a veritas at home so could look inside that if you need me too?
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Apr 12 at 23:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're just normally open push to makes? Should wire in parallel to one of the PIR circuits.

Either that or they are normally closed and you push the button to open, in which case do it on the window magnet one.

And yes, you need a panel which has permanent zones. On the ones I've done the zones are configured so it doesn't matter which input you use so long as you differentiate it from the makes or breaks which you want to be disabled when the alarm is not set.

[Edited on 07-04-2012 by Ian]
lee mitchell

8th Apr 12 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can wire them in individually as different zones or link them as one zone. individual may be better as when one is set off whoever is at the keypad can see the zone. on texecom you change the zone type from entry/exit, guard etc to PA to give it full 24hr even if alarm isnt set.
lee mitchell

8th Apr 12 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can wire them in individually as different zones or link them as one zone. individual may be better as when one is set off whoever is at the keypad can see the zone. on texecom you change the zone type from entry/exit, guard etc to PA to give it full 24hr even if alarm isnt set.
CORSA NUT

8th Apr 12 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's great lads thanks

I THINK I'll just put them in one zone and make that a 24 hour one. Then have the single PIR as normal.
stubs

10th Apr 12 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Better to have 1 item per zone really (panel and expanders permitting)... Much easier to trace problems in future.
That's how my texecom premier is configured at home.
Each sensor (zone) is named and setup fom the keypad as whatever you want.
CORSA NUT

11th Apr 12 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmm not sure what to do now its not really a problem having individual cables so suppose I'll just do that!
baza31

12th Apr 12 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Individual zones definatly. then you can trace who keeps pressing the button to wake everyone else up.
CORSA NUT

12th Apr 12 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right I'll do that then! Would just have been easier cable wise but won't be too bad can you have however many zones as you like as 24 perm. then?
stubs

13th Apr 12 at 07:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends on the panel, but I've got a Texecom Premier and the options are quite limitless.

You just connect each PIR / panic to each zone, and then do all the config from one of the keypads - i.e. they don't need to be re-wired differently to change the config between entry/follower/perimiter instant/24hr panic/fire/medical etc, etc...
stubs

13th Apr 12 at 07:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and as baza31 said... by wiring each panic to it's own zone, you can see on the log which one has caused an alert.
On mine each zone can be named, so the keypad display tells me "Kitchen PIR" instead of "Zone 4"
Hammer

13th Apr 12 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure on the Texecom stuff but as above with Galaxy etc... you wire everything up as normal and everything is done at the commissioning stage through the keypad programming.

PA's are really easy to install.
CORSA NUT

13th Apr 12 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a Texecom veritas premier and the keypad does all that jazz so I might get the same

4 fit Irish girls who I can pin the blame on
lee mitchell

13th Apr 12 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
Right I'll do that then! Would just have been easier cable wise but won't be too bad can you have however many zones as you like as 24 perm. then?
yea u can

New Poll