corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 1979 Datsun 280zx Restoration Project!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1979 Datsun 280zx Restoration Project!
Dann19

User status: Offline
29th Apr 12 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well after look years for one for my dad (he had one back in 1979, brand new) i managed to find a good scrapper locally to restore!

managed to get it for £395

engine runs fine (needs a battery and fuel pump cleaning) runs and sounds a treat though!

come with pretty much full interior (all needs cleaning and putting back together) all original bumpers etc

plans for it! strip it, weld places that need welding, clean it all up inside, start putting the interior back together, then to the engine bay! clean that up, get bits that are needed, then finally it will be having a spray paint back to its orginal colour (silver)

its a project for the next couple of years as moneys tight! cant wait for the end product and only had it a few days!

once done its going to be used as a 'summer car' will show it at classic events etc!

anyway 1st pics after it was delievered

[Edited on 30-04-2012 by Dann19]
Tomnova16
Premium Member

29th Apr 12 at 21:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll be keeping an eye on this

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Jed D

29th Apr 12 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very interested to see how this comes out dann, mass respect to your dad haha
daymoon
Premium Member

29th Apr 12 at 21:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This has potential to be the most epic project on CS.
Dann19

29th Apr 12 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16

cheers! will be a long and slow project but it will get there!

managed to get a rear bumper, front lower grill and 2 boot struts for £30 of the guy we bought the car off, other than that we've just been cleaning it the last few days (weathers rubbish)

mass respect to me too jed! i found it and persuaded him to get it haha, if you wana pop over anytime and give us a hand your more than welcome! needs abit of welding done to it in places 'hint hint'
davieslim

30th Apr 12 at 00:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stunning wee cars, my old work had one as a long termer a while back
Jed D

30th Apr 12 at 07:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dann19
quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16

mass respect to me too jed! i found it and persuaded him to get it haha, if you wana pop over anytime and give us a hand your more than welcome! needs abit of welding done to it in places 'hint hint'

aye to you too mate
useful companies section NE. RWT fabrications hes the bloke to see about welding. i just help out from time to time
Dann19

30th Apr 12 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

managed to find a mate of my dads whos said he'll give us a help out with all the welding so should be sweet!
just need the weather to clear up now so we can begain some serious work!
Jed D

30th Apr 12 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah wey russells more cages etc... not as such body work welding, he builds F2 stocks and shit
chris_uk
Premium Member

30th Apr 12 at 13:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Subscribed

Love these cars
corsadonk
Premium Member

1st May 12 at 15:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool, a few of these around Swindon.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 1979 Datsun 280zx Restoration Project! 25 database queries in 0.0146401 seconds