corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sexual Discrimination Act 1975

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sexual Discrimination Act 1975
corb

User status: Offline
7th May 12 at 04:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sexual Discrimination Act 1975, 1975, Chapter 65, Part 1, Section 29.......

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1975/65

*woman, can be replaced with man as required...

=========================================================================
29 Discrimination in provision of goods, facilities or services.E+W+S.(1)It is unlawful for any person concerned with the provision (for payment or not) of goods, facilities or services to the public or a section of the public to discriminate against a woman who seeks to obtain or use those goods, facilities or services— .
(a)by refusing or deliberately omitting to provide her with any of them, or .
(b)by refusing or deliberately omitting to provide her with goods, facilities or services of the like quality, in the like manner and on the like terms as are normal in his case in relation to male members of the public or (where she belongs to a section of the public) to male members of that section. .
(2)The following are examples of the facilities and services mentioned in subsection (1)
(a)access to and use of any place which members of the public or a section of the public are permitted to enter; .
(b)accommodation in a hotel, boarding house or other similar establishment; .
(c)facilities by way of banking or insurance or for grants, loans, credit or finance; .
(d)facilities for education; .
(e)facilities for entertainment, recreation or refreshment; .
(f)facilities for transport or travel; .
=========================================================================

Interesting one to quote to a doorman next time you are turned away from a pub / bar / club 'because you are a group of lads', what they are doing is 'unlawful', i only checked this after getting home last night but did start telling him it was illegal, would they turn someone away because they are black, or because they are disabled? Discrimination is discrimination....... but my mates thought it going to get rowdy so walked us off! Bouncer just gave a dumb blank faced expression!

I did ask him if it was because im black (which he happened to be), mates couldnt beleive i'd said that, pmsl

[Edited on 07-05-2012 by corb]
AlunJ

7th May 12 at 04:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck reciting all that word for word!
JonnyJ

7th May 12 at 05:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whilst thats all well and good at the end of the day the club can choose who it wants to let in, it can let no one in if it so desires.

They arent turning you away because you're blokes, they're turning you away because they think you could cause trouble.

I once got denied entry to a club/bar because "I wasnt a regular" I asked how do you become a regular if you arent allowed in a first time? "Just havent seen you round here much mate" ok, guess I'll just have to walk past your bar every night and give you a nod
RichR
Premium Member

7th May 12 at 09:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That eastern European bouncer discriminated against Whittie in Chester-poor lad's medical condition meant he had to piss in the queue! Discrimination against the handicapped
Hammer

7th May 12 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If a bouncer tells you you're not getting in the last thing you should be doing is reciting Discrimination Act's. Take it on the chin and go elsewhere.
taylorboosh

7th May 12 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they always have a reason not to let you in, just accept your pissed and they have spotted you acting/carrying on whilst walking to the bar, they may have had instructions not to let someone of a similar description in yada yada yada.... loads of reasons
corb

7th May 12 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We were on our way home anyway so just carried on past after that, however its not the point..... It is unlawful and they shouldn't be able to get away with it.
BarnshaW

7th May 12 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im all for it, fed up of clubs and bars round here being sausage fests.
Gary
Premium Member

7th May 12 at 10:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All well and good that but a licencee can refuse anyone entry for whatevrr they like. Don't have to give you a reason.
Toby
Premium Member

7th May 12 at 10:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There will be some bylaw about public safety which they will be able to use I'm defence against the above act
Hammer

7th May 12 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corb
We were on our way home anyway so just carried on past after that, however its not the point..... It is unlawful and they shouldn't be able to get away with it.

The excuse is by the by, they didn't want you in therefore you weren't getting in.

My mates got turned away from our local last Sunday because it was 'regulars only'. He has drank in there every weekend for 5 years.
Joe Carr

7th May 12 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the first bit you've put in bold says that it's illegal to discriminate against women so it wouldn't apply in your situation anyway.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
7th May 12 at 13:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure I'd even go to a bar that needs to turn people away, I'm past queuing and wondering whether I'm getting in to places now.
corb

7th May 12 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Joe, also states woman / man to be substituted for the other 'as requisite'.

Ian, we were walking past, no queue and not been in years so thought fuck it, we'll pop in.

Maybe they dont have to give a reason, however should they give that as the reason, it is 'unlawful'.

What if I refused to sell a car to someone based on their sex 'Sorry, I'm not serving you because you're a woman/man'. We'd be taken to the cleaners
Hammer

7th May 12 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mattant

7th May 12 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought everyone knew this

Letting women in for free and making men pay is illegal too. They can refuse service but not for sex or race reasons, it's the same as saying "sorry we don't serve black people"
Joe Carr

7th May 12 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Joe, also states woman / man to be substituted for the other 'as requisite'...

ohh yeah haha sorry
Toby
Premium Member

7th May 12 at 17:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Joe, also states woman / man to be substituted for the other 'as requisite'.

Ian, we were walking past, no queue and not been in years so thought fuck it, we'll pop in.

Maybe they dont have to give a reason, however should they give that as the reason, it is 'unlawful'.

What if I refused to sell a car to someone based on their sex 'Sorry, I'm not serving you because you're a woman/man'. We'd be taken to the cleaners

But it's not about sex, its about public safety. Coincidently it happens that a group of males represent a bigger risk to public safety than otherwise though j have seen a group of women turned away from a bar in York before

[Edited on 07-05-2012 by Toby]
sc0ott

7th May 12 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If ever theres a crowd of us out we always split up into twos and we put the ones in a more drunken state with the most sober ones. Works everytime.
baza31

7th May 12 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
If ever theres a crowd of us out we always split up into twos and we put the ones in a more drunken state with the most sober ones. Works everytime.

Exactly same but we all in up in que next to eatch other and end up talking .

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sexual Discrimination Act 1975 23 database queries in 0.0103209 seconds