corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Image caching?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Image caching?
A2H GO

User status: Offline
7th May 12 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How does this work? I found another seller using my eBay images who I've reported/ I've since gone into Photobucket and added a watermark to all of the images(not changing the URL just editing the originals) but only some of them are showing the watermark on my listings?

Do eBay cache the images as I've viewed the pages before? I've cleared my personal browser cache but that didn't make any difference. Its weird that some have updated but not others...
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

7th May 12 at 21:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just change the pictures to dicks
andy_mk3

7th May 12 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah ebay will host the pics on their server, else you'd get no end of dead pics from people moving the pics on their photobucket account or something. Get them reported on ebay.
Rob_Quads

7th May 12 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chances are they have taken your pictures, downloaded and then uploaded them to ebay who are now hosting them. Report them and they should take them down as they are essentially hosting copyrighted material.
A2H GO

7th May 12 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're actually using my pictures on Amazon(which I don't sell on), I wouldn't be bothered if I nicked them myself but I actually bought a light box and spent time touching them up in PS etc so was a bit pissed to find someone else has just copied and pasted them(hence taking down the links won't work).

I've rang them today, getting their number through pretending to be an unsuspected customer and they're "in the process of changing them".

But to prevent others from doing the same I've added watermarks. Does anybody know how often the images are refreshed in eBay? Like I say some have updated fine.

[Edited on 07-05-2012 by A2H GO]
Bart

8th May 12 at 06:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right click his pictures -> properties will tell you the location
A2H GO

8th May 12 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They've all refreshed this morning and are showing the watermark.

Those using my pictures started getting arsey about removing saying, how can I prove they're mine then going on to say my products are fake etc. Checked this morning and they've changed them though, muppets.
ed

8th May 12 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems like it's already sorted - but my guess is it's like Facebook. Images from other websites will be cached on their servers for a pre-determined amount of time unless they've been updated

New Poll