corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Quadrant trunking in brown/wood

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Quadrant trunking in brown/wood
Gary
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th May 12 at 11:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Moved into my new house a few week back and i have laminate in the living room with stained skirting which is a pita for cabling.

So i need some brown trunking to run round for my rear speakers, and i can only find white anywhere.

Any ideas?
Nismo

8th May 12 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

amazing what you can do with google

http://www.aerialshack.com/75cm-30mm-30mm-dline-quadrant-trunking-wood-p-4079.html
Gary
Premium Member

8th May 12 at 11:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seen that. Not really dark enough.

Floor is like this...

http://thentodust.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/laminate-flooring.jpg
Nismo

8th May 12 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paint it with a tester pot or mix some up to match?

Or pull the skirting off, make a channel in the back of it and re-attach?

Or use the flat speaker cable and slide under skirting, there must be a small amount of movement in the floor to just pry the skirting up slightly and slide the flat cable under?

http://www.google.co.uk/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=flat+speaker+cable&oe=UTF-8&redir_esc=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=1_6oT5z1JoG3hQfr5Y3ZAg&biw=1680&bih=875&sei=2v6oT-OBJrHN4QTUpviDAQ
Gary
Premium Member

8th May 12 at 11:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that could be an idea, didnt realise they had made it that thin!
Brett
Premium Member

8th May 12 at 11:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only me that uses masking tape and paints over it then
pow
Premium Member

8th May 12 at 13:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mills LTD. do brown trunking
Gary
Premium Member

8th May 12 at 13:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Only me that uses masking tape and paints over it then

Proper pikey job!
Brett
Premium Member

8th May 12 at 13:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PMSL Honestly, every house I've had, I run the wires up the corners of the room to the bracket, then put over masking tape nice and flush and paint over it. You'd never know there was wires there at all, just looks like wall.
Whittie

8th May 12 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
PMSL Honestly, every house I've had, I run the wires up the corners of the room to the bracket, then put over masking tape nice and flush and paint over it. You'd never know there was wires there at all, just looks like wall.

pics!
Gary
Premium Member

8th May 12 at 13:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely you can see th edges of the masking tape?
Brett
Premium Member

8th May 12 at 14:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Na, not at all, it's only thin isn't it. I learnt this trick from the old man, he's done the same in all their houses. You're only talking one single strip over the top nice and flush, not like i'm plastering tape on the walls

Might sound pikey and you'll laugh, but think about it, there's no reason it wouldn't work and look less apparant than trunking. You'd just assume the wires had been sunk in the wall.

[Edited on 08-05-2012 by Brett]
Gary
Premium Member

8th May 12 at 21:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might give it a go. Managed to prise skirting away enough for the cable. Just got a bit that needs hiding

New Poll