corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Can you insure a van with a regular insurer for personal use?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Can you insure a van with a regular insurer for personal use?
VegasPhil
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th May 12 at 19:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically I'm in the process of moving house. I am changing jobs at the same time so it means I have to hand back my company car.

I am looking at something to get me to and from the workplace and that I can fill with crap from doing the new house. Have been watching a few Scenics, Astra Estates, Focus estates as it only needs to be a cheapy for this purpose.

Can I insure a combo, Berlingo etc with one of the normal car insurers? And would it be reasonable money? I have tried doing a quote on my iPhone but it's not working

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
jr

8th May 12 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
Basically I'm in the process of moving house. I am changing jobs at the same time so it means I have to hand back my company car.

I am looking at something to get me to and from the workplace and that I can fill with crap from doing the new house. Have been watching a few Scenics, Astra Estates, Focus estates as it only needs to be a cheapy for this purpose.

Can I insure a combo, Berlingo etc with one of the normal car insurers? And would it be reasonable money? I have tried doing a quote on my iPhone but it's not working

Yes phil, had a combo myself and was a bit cheaper than my 172 at the time
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

8th May 12 at 19:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Willay has his Caddy insured just for SDP and commuting. I remember him saying it was a ballache to get someone to insure it without business use though. Judging by what he said, I can't see you getting an online quote, it'll be a few hours on the phone job I imagine.
caseboy

8th May 12 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have same issuses with my mitsubishi l200 ,
i have had quotes from loads of people but i always now use nfu mutual (there not just for farmers !) they are always cheepest and helpfull on the phone ,
flux were only quoting like £20 more but its deffo a phone job sorting out any truck or van insurance !!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Can you insure a van with a regular insurer for personal use? 24 database queries in 0.0109680 seconds