corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Track Car - Track time - general info - Knockhill

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Track Car - Track time - general info - Knockhill
cpcrampton

User status: Offline
1st Jun 12 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello Guys

Myself and a 3 of mates are going to buy ourselves a track car (Ford Puma for £500 tax & mot'd for a year). We will split all the costs for the car and it will basicly turn into a little project for ourselves. The car should slowly evolve into a half decent track car.

The question i have is can you turn up to a trackday with 4 drivers and one car and all have a fair amount of fun?
which events/type of trackday are we better to go on ?

Would we be aswell joining a club to have the benefits of open pitlane etc?

Any info appreciated.

Thanks
Chris
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

1st Jun 12 at 13:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont need to join a club to do open pit lanes. Hope your good enough mates as if one of you crash it what happens then.

You will pay extra for drivers think the most ive seen well the 2 im going on next week are max of 2 additional drivers, Knockhill seems very relaxed though!
Corsa_Sport21

1st Jun 12 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would never even go halfers on a trackcar with a mate, never mind 4 ways. For the simple reason above.

What if it gets stacked on the 1st outing?? I know its just a cheap car, but still got to factor in all costs of the trackday etc then repairs and what not. Won't be much fun if you havn't had a go and 1 of your mates rolls it.
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Jun 12 at 13:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've shared mine with a mate the last few times out, gets the costs down and if he stacks it I know he'll be involved in fixing it. Helps that I have a stack of spares and a workshop to fix it in, but its not the impending nightmare that you might first imagine in all cases.
stan_the_man

1st Jun 12 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get yourself to a hot hatch day. Brilliant fun and cost effective! I'd enquire about having 4 different drivers though.
Mieran

1st Jun 12 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesn't sound like a good idea to me. Each driver will get a max of 2 sessions per hot hatch day imo and thats like 10mins each.

At least buy a car per 2 people and swap around, pass/driver?
AK

1st Jun 12 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

4 way ownership will be a bit of a ballache.

2 folk go to trackday and break it - do the other 2 have to chip in?

gathering funds from 4 to do small jobs - easy ???

Actually doing the trackdays (with 4 drivers) is no problem BUT the car will take an absaulte fuckknucking hammering!
Graham88

1st Jun 12 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have talked about doing it with a mate and even with 2 people it just has too many complications
AK

1st Jun 12 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

comments Re: Hot Hatch

I dont like them, but each to their own.

I prefer OpenPit session as you can pick/choose when you want to go out (if the track is open obv ). That means you can have much better shares of the car and not work to a fixed session rota surrounded by Hot Hatch 'nutters'

PS... they arent as bad these days
Graham88

1st Jun 12 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Open Pit Lane all the way. Hate sessioned days
AK

1st Jun 12 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chris - http://www.trackscotland.co.uk/forums
dava.

1st Jun 12 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hothatch days are no where near as bad as folks on here make them out to be, i find most folk that go to hothatches actually want to go out on track and drive rather than turn up to a private night do a few laps then talk more laps than they have driven,

would as Adam said be pretty heavy going on the car having 4 of you guys taking a shot each session, although depending on the day if busy can get a good break inbetween sessions and dont have to head out for every session
AK

1st Jun 12 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes - I like the cut and thrust of the Hot Hatch sessions but thet are a bugger if you want trackspace to try things or make setup changes.

They are what they are though - not test days

Value for money i'd say open pits are better IF you use the time.

cpcrampton

1st Jun 12 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
Chris - http://www.trackscotland.co.uk/forums

Thanks , I will have a look tomorrow.
cpcrampton

1st Jun 12 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To answer someone's question. If someone bins it on the first outing,that person responsable will supply the next car. That's our agreement. The cars are dirt cheap.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Track Car - Track time - general info - Knockhill 23 database queries in 0.0124061 seconds