corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » FK Coilovers??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FK Coilovers??
timmsy21

User status: Offline
10th Jun 12 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well after a bit of looking around and searching there is definitely mixed reviews about cheap coilovers!

I've recently picked up a cheap Corsa B sxi while my 205 project is getting underway again!

Now as its a cheap run around i dont really want to go spending to much, however i do want it to sit a bit lower!
So ive been thinking about picking up some FK street coilovers circa £170

FK Street Coilovers

Ive looked into lowering springs and standard shocks and after having this all for about a week on the 205 (upgraded to Gaz Golds so know all about the advantages of expensive coilovers) i dont really want to go this route so im thinking cheap coilovers or a cheap shock/spring upgrade is needed

Any other options for under £200? any other ideas?

Thanks

[Edited on 10-06-2012 by timmsy21]
Sunz

11th Jun 12 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is JOM coilovers for the corsa that are cheap.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=JOM+corsa&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Pi do shorter shocks, don't think they are adjustable but just a set height and rate.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=Pi+corsa&_sacat=0&_odkw=JOM+corsa&_osacat=0&_from=R40

Is loads for the corsa's

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l2736&_nkw=corsa+b+coilovers

And here is a topic I started the other day, Asking about JOM coilovers, might be helpful.

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=636626
timmsy21

11th Jun 12 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah saw that topic, was a good read. Thanks

I think im also of the mind set of something more well known. i know the FK's are probably going to be utter S*** but i dont expect anything from them for the price. it'll be a toss up between the JOM ones or FK i think

after looking at a couple of peoples project threads i've noticed a few people have used these and the only real complains is the ride quality, tbh though they will be used quite rarely just to and from work as i have my other car for 'fun'
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

11th Jun 12 at 17:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FK's will be fine if you aren't bothered about handling/comfort.

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
l88fty
Premium Member

11th Jun 12 at 21:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm currently watching a set of front FK coilovers for my B, I dont have a lot of money to spend on Coilovers, but I do want something decent for my money, are the JOM a better choice than the FK then? Cheers

LN Customs - Lincolnshires Award Winning Enthusiasts Motoring Club
Web:lncustoms.co.uk Email: Lofty (Club Manager) Tel: 07876220929
timmsy21

11th Jun 12 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After looking at many reviews they pretty comparable tbh. At this price range it'll come down to personal preference i think

[Edited on 11-06-2012 by timmsy21]
l88fty
Premium Member

12th Jun 12 at 22:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I only bring my Corsa out the garage twice a week on my days off work, rest of the time I'm in the company car, so I can't justify buying expensive coilovers when I won't get my money's worth of use out of them.

LN Customs - Lincolnshires Award Winning Enthusiasts Motoring Club
Web:lncustoms.co.uk Email: Lofty (Club Manager) Tel: 07876220929
MattM

29th Sep 13 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheap 60/40 coilovers on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Corsa-B-60-40-coil-over-springs-lowering-60mm-40mm-suspension-/331034654072?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4d1333f578

chrisr195

29th Sep 13 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use fk's on my. Made a big different holds on the road much better and lower to ride I have to say is abit uncomfortable but I think it matters how low you have them. For the price there perfect especially for a cheap run about. Hope tthis helped
BenC1985

29th Sep 13 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with everyone else. I ran the fk street coilovers on my old corsa and they was wound right down and wasent too bad. Not the best but what do you expect for £170 delivered.
Vauxdan88

29th Sep 13 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got fk's on my b xe now. I personally think there fine,when on a nice smooth road but whe you start going over bumps and things they get a bit bouncy,but that's just due to the extra weight. They do the job,not amazing but do the job!
Christopher

29th Sep 13 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fk's are best value in my opinion! Pretty good coilovers tbh
shadyche

29th Sep 13 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My fks were backbrakingly firm, but were awsome other than that, they were fantastic! Had the car for 12 months and they still worked as they should, if it's only a run about id suggest them to anyone
M Sutton

29th Sep 13 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the FKs on my nova and they are fine! IMO you dont need to spend a fortune on expensive coilovers. My last Corsa B had £400 coilovers and they where no different to the £180 set on my Nova. I have a few mates running cheap coilovers without any problems

[Edited on 29-09-2013 by M Sutton]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » FK Coilovers?? 24 database queries in 0.0099721 seconds