corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa b c20xe overheating

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa b c20xe overheating
john_redtop

User status: Offline
12th Jun 12 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My corsa last week started to NEALLY over heat its going to about 100 degrees also I think its getting up to temp to quick after about a mile at the most its at 90 degres and as soon as I stop in traffic it will raise pritty quickly to 100 then come down very slow once I drive off again I've removed the thermostat to see if it was any better and its just the same also if I put my heaters on it will start to get wormer raising from 90 degrees. Fan works as I have it on a switch any ideas anyone? Ilso I thought it could be a airlock so I have bled the system twice now
Generation

12th Jun 12 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Getting to 100 isn't overheating mate. Even as standard most of them don't kick in until very late.

If you want fan to come on earlier, get a cool runnin thermostat, ad make sure you're using antifreeze
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

12th Jun 12 at 20:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea temperatures ok at 100 mate,i wouldn't worry about it if ya fan comes on.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
john_redtop

12th Jun 12 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know 100 is ok but I've had the car almost 4 year now and its always sat at 90 and took a little time to warm up its just now with it going to 100 and getting warm pritty quick I can't help but think theres something up. I put new antifreeze/coolant in when bleed it about 2-3 litres and rest water

New Poll