corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » new daily time

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author new daily time
Brett
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Jun 12 at 10:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I'd buy it if they could explain what the finance was and showed me it was paid off.

What if the money from the sale was required to clear the finance? Like I said earlier, ball ache.
John

13th Jun 12 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not the best situation.

It's definitely not always worse than the bank though.
Tom

13th Jun 12 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just to add to the loan vs finance debate. I mulled over HP for my next car, but have decided on a loan for numerous reasons:

1. Not tied to the car
2. No deposit, or larger month 1 and final month payment
3. Flexibility with where you can source the car (private, multiple dealers etc)
4. If you get into financial difficulty, you have more time/options before you lose out on any money you have in the car

Obviously there are a couple of down points, namely dealers not liking cash deals (as they make less money), losing out on 0% deals.

This is all talking about buying 2nd hand/nearly new btw, buying new is different.

I would go for the 320d, infact that is what I am going for (in M Sport trim) as soon as I've got confidence in my job!
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

13th Jun 12 at 11:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh if you've only got 2.5k spare to spend on the car, you shouldnt really be buying a car 4x the amount you actually have to spend...

You can get a cracking car for a lot less! But anyway, this thread has gone way off topic. Would expect nothing less though from cs

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
Matt L

13th Jun 12 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only going of my leon (which i know isnt as economical as the audi) but same engine and i only get around 44-47mpg per tank, so its not exactly economic compared to others out there.

Take a look at the passat cc ecomotive same engine as my leon, plenty quick enough, loads of space and that easily manages 56-57mpg.

[Edited on 13-06-2012 by Matt L]
Wrighty_1988

13th Jun 12 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With finance at the half way point of your agreement you have the right to just give the car back to them with no charge. So that helps if the car goes into negative equity and you dont want it anymore.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » new daily time 24 database queries in 0.0122309 seconds