corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New tyres for the Clio

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New tyres for the Clio
Stu

User status: Offline
3rd Jul 12 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Needed a tyre for the Clio that would be good on track but would still be good on the road. Couldn't go for anything as extreme as the R888 as I do use the car everyday (even though its only usually 5 miles or so) so I took a risk not knowing that much about them and got the Toyo R1R's as my mate is a Toyo dealer. Done about 500 miles on them so far and I'm seriously impressed. Car handled well before with 3 mismatched budget tyres on there but now the car is unstickable! Only problem is now the car feels well underpowered for the amount of grip it has!

Anyone else know much about them? Look pretty cool as well!

Jambo

3rd Jul 12 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Expensive?
Chris C

3rd Jul 12 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They look cool, toyo's are meant to be very soft aren't they ?
Stu

3rd Jul 12 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont think the wear rate will be as good as a normal tyre Suppose thats one of the sacrifices.

Paid £120 a tyre for 215/45/17 so not too bad
richc

3rd Jul 12 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought you had a saab?
Stu

3rd Jul 12 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richc
Thought you had a saab?

Did have but the missus bought an X3 as we are expecting our second little un in 4 weeks, no need for 2 family cars and I dont do many miles any more so I chopped it in for something smaller and more fun.
FlamingCorsa

3rd Jul 12 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bought a set for my van cos saw a deal on ebay that seemed bit good to say no to, 235/40/17 for £310 for 4 brand new!

went on track day with them but they cought on my arches at the time so had to take them off and put slicks back on, moddified arches since so at next track day will c wot they are like, ment to be good in wet i hear? i was planning to use these as an intimidate/road tyre and slicks for dry track use

i have hancook v12 on my clio 197 cos they were on 75-80 per tyre and really pleased with them, glad i didnt get anything to good cos my girlfriend managed to drive over a huge rock in the road and bent 2 speeline wheel and wrecked 2 tyres.....£600 latter and it ok again:-(
Stu

3rd Jul 12 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlamingCorsa
i bought a set for my van cos saw a deal on ebay that seemed bit good to say no to, 235/40/17 for £310 for 4 brand new!

went on track day with them but they cought on my arches at the time so had to take them off and put slicks back on, moddified arches since so at next track day will c wot they are like, ment to be good in wet i hear? i was planning to use these as an intimidate/road tyre and slicks for dry track use

i have hancook v12 on my clio 197 cos they were on 75-80 per tyre and really pleased with them, glad i didnt get anything to good cos my girlfriend managed to drive over a huge rock in the road and bent 2 speeline wheel and wrecked 2 tyres.....£600 latter and it ok again:-(

Yeah thats a well good deal!!!

Used them a bit in the wet but just on the road and they seem really good.

Had the Hankook S1 Evo's on my old M5 and they were a great tyre, was well impressed for the money!! There was no way the missus was driving that tho
FlamingCorsa

3rd Jul 12 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea girlfriend has not borrowed the clio since, lol, think she is bit scared after that happened!

to be fair i think the listing on ebay should have been 2 for £310 but they had listed 4 for that price! was tempted to buy couple of sets!

its good to hear that tyres are good, not really pushed them in the van, the chassis is no where near as good as clio's to drive hard on normal roads!

clio is such a good fun car for normal english roads!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New tyres for the Clio 23 database queries in 0.0257230 seconds