corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Painting Plastics - 2 tone

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Painting Plastics - 2 tone
Sunz

User status: Offline
7th Jul 12 at 01:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wanted to do this design for my center console.

What would be the best way to paint this ?

A. paint it all black, mask over the areas I want to stay black and then spray yellow ?

B. Intricately mask of the 2 different at different times. So they don't over coat each other.

C. another way ? (Please explain)

This is my first attempt with a Graphite Grey and I think it's not too bad but would like to do something a bit more exciting and less bland.

jrneedo

7th Jul 12 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would go for option A mate, should be less hastle but just leave it to dry properly before masking (a day or so) as the tape will either lift the paint or give it some imperfections. Then do the yellow and laquer
timmsy21

7th Jul 12 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go for option b, might be more hassle but the finish will be loads better

New Poll