corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » CS - Anyone wanna help with electrics??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author CS - Anyone wanna help with electrics??
SteveoBC
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   7th Jul 12 at 08:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As per thread title, been trying to source mobile auto electrician from Northampton/Buckingham areas to come look at the Corsa

All the ones iv tried that are listed either do one of the following;
-dont answer the phone and it just rings
-just complete miserable tossers down the phone
or soon as they find out its a XE corsa and not a simple case of plug in a diagnostic computer they dont want to know

Trying to get the car fixed before billing next week but not getting anywhere fast, car starts sometimes but doesnt run for long and cuts out, engine light has been on since the conversion took place and has never caused an issue before, now it just flickers then dies, car will turn over but just wont fire up and again if it does, it doesnt run for long

can only assume a bad earth or 2 wires might be rubbing but i know jack shit on electrics so cannot be certain by a long way or corroded connection somewhere perhaps, i just dont know

so any recommendations would be good or if someone off here is willing to come down to mine today after 2pm i would be eternally grateful! (cars parked up at mum and dads as i work and live away from home so only there this weekend- someone will be at mine next thursday but i wont be so only have a short window to get it fixed)
Steve
Premium Member

7th Jul 12 at 08:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH im not all that surprised that noones interested, its a can of worms from there point of view, if it was me and i got a phone call with your problems, my first thoughts would be to envisage a load of bodged up wiring lol.

Your best bet is to try and get the attention of people who have done loads of these before, eg warren or beardy dont know how close you are to either
SteveoBC
Premium Member

7th Jul 12 at 09:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
TBH im not all that surprised that noones interested, its a can of worms from there point of view, if it was me and i got a phone call with your problems, my first thoughts would be to envisage a load of bodged up wiring lol.

Your best bet is to try and get the attention of people who have done loads of these before, eg warren or beardy dont know how close you are to either

yeah i kind of half expected them to be like that but its just annoying, wouldnt mind if they were upfront and said "dont think i can do it" rather than "yeh i'll call you back in 5mins" never to hear from any of em, just say you dont wanna do it instead of beating round the bush

cant get it to warren (trust me i tried) but hes flat out at the mo, funny thing was we have been talking about re-doing the loom for a while but i was gonna send it to him and do a load of other jobs at the same time while its with him, but just shit timing the cars packed up now otherwise i would have driven it down ther and left it with him
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

7th Jul 12 at 09:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you transport it at all?

My step dads really good at electrics, he'd probably be up for it I'd just need to find out if he has time to do it

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
SteveoBC
Premium Member

7th Jul 12 at 09:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant transport this weekend darryl (was gonna use company truck last week to cart it to warrens but he was full of work)

cant use the works transporter this weekend as its out on deliveries all weekend, cars stuck at my mum and dads
Darryl H
Premium Member

7th Jul 12 at 09:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah bugger, I'd doubt he'd want to travel to it

taylorboosh

7th Jul 12 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id wait till warrens not busy? Unless you really need it now
Darryl H
Premium Member

7th Jul 12 at 10:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He wants it for billing which is next weekend John

taylorboosh

7th Jul 12 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Selective reading lol
Root

7th Jul 12 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does the car cut out when the engine is warm and then refuse to fire for 5 minutes?

Always starts when cold but not when warm? Sometimes cuts out when low revs and warm engine?

Just replaced my crankshaft sensor to solve these problems. Hope you get yours fixed soon
DaveyLC

7th Jul 12 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where are you located in Bucks?
SteveoBC
Premium Member

7th Jul 12 at 10:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
Id wait till warrens not busy? Unless you really need it now

think thats how its gonna pan out if im honest John, was just putting the feelers out there see if anyone fancied popping over to me, was kinda a last ditch attempt to get it sorted for billing

failing that looks like i'll have to give to warren after billing, hey-ho theres always next year (at least it made it to PVS without any bother) someones already been kind enough to give me lift to the show, just would have been nice to take my own car

still least when mr G gets hold of it im planning to get the following done;
Loom re-wired
New oil cooler
Oil temp and pressure gauges configured and wired up properly
New rear anti roll bar

possible new clutch while its there too
SteveoBC
Premium Member

7th Jul 12 at 10:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC

near Brackley dave
john_redtop

7th Jul 12 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After my conversion 2 weeks ago mine fired up and ran for about 10 seconds then cut out and wouldn't fire I was getting fuel and spark so tried all earths even ran another from rear of the engine but still wouldn't fire turned out to be the coolant temperature sensor was knackerd causeing the car to get to much fuel
Nic Barnes

7th Jul 12 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the light is wired up you can paper clip it to tell you what faults its registering.
DaveyLC

7th Jul 12 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SteveoBC
quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC

near Brackley dave

Doh! Bit far for me
Warren G

7th Jul 12 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might have 2 cars leaving this week! so might have short term space soon - just keep asking me lol
dannyboy17

7th Jul 12 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i live in aylesbury with op-com if its any help, guess it can read fault codes on xe's?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » CS - Anyone wanna help with electrics?? 24 database queries in 0.0197818 seconds