corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » OAP Drivers strike again

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author OAP Drivers strike again
chrisritch

User status: Offline
8th Jul 12 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Click

SetH

8th Jul 12 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

9 pages
baza31

8th Jul 12 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How the fuck do you go onto motorway wrong way when every exit on a roundabout sends you the right way
Jamie-C

8th Jul 12 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Silly cunts. I seen an auld boy doing this not so long ago on the dual carriage way. The way he was going the road was closed and he would've had to make a diversion. Instead he was driving up the dual carriage way in the outside lane towards on coming traffic oblivious to what he was doing. Numb skull.
corsarooney
Premium Member

9th Jul 12 at 00:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same thing happened a little while ago on the A404 which connects the M4 to the M40, old boy in a merc went down the dual carridgeway the wrong way and killed my mates sister

Sad times

Corsa 1.6 sport - 1
1.7 puma engined fiesta - 0

Keeping corsa's on the redline since 2008
djgritt
Premium Member

9th Jul 12 at 06:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
How the fuck do you go onto motorway wrong way when every exit on a roundabout sends you the right way

Agreed

quote:

He added the weather conditions were "damp and drizzly" at the time and the crash happened on an unlit section of the motorway.

The way that is added at the end of the story almost makes it sound like it's supposedly a perfectly justified reason as to why it may have happened.
taylorboosh

9th Jul 12 at 06:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it doesnt say which car was driving the wrong way
AndyCorsaSport

9th Jul 12 at 07:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Happened to a mate of mine about 2 weeks ago, some yank in a hire car drove the wrong way down dual carriage way and knocked him off his motorbike and drive off! He ended up with a cracked bone in his spine, docs said he was lucky to be walking, yet the first thing he did was get up and move his bike to the side of the road

Lucky to be alive though, and they eventually caught the yank who didn't even know what he'd done.
chrisritch

9th Jul 12 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
it doesnt say which car was driving the wrong way

I think its pretty obvious which one it was.
SetH

9th Jul 12 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsarooney
Same thing happened a little while ago on the A404 which connects the M4 to the M40, old boy in a merc went down the dual carridgeway the wrong way and killed my mates sister

Sad times

Fucking hell thats awful
Jambo

9th Jul 12 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rooney thatsd awful mate
SetH

9th Jul 12 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We should start a campaign to get these old cunts of the road or retested every year.

They have been pretty much warring agaisnt the modified car community since the dawn of time trying to make out that we speed and kill everyone.

Let's take it back to them no?
corsarooney
Premium Member

9th Jul 12 at 18:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea it was proper shit, my mate was pretty tore up about it. She was only 17

Waste of a life.

Corsa 1.6 sport - 1

alan-g-w

9th Jul 12 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All three of my grandparents are over 80 and can drive perfectly fine. Fact is you get good OAP drivers and bad OAP drivers, the same way you get good and bad young drivers. It's not a terrible idea to re-test people at a certain age but the amount of time and money it'd take to set up would mean it just wouldn't be worth it because ultimately the majority of OAPs aren't driving down the wrong side of motorways, they're going everywhere at 25mph causing no harm to anyone
SetH

9th Jul 12 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair point I guess.

However with a rapidly aging population I can see it being implemented several years down the line.

The percentage of OAP's on the road is growing exponentially.
corsarooney
Premium Member

9th Jul 12 at 20:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try, people are living longer these days so the number of OAP drivers will increase hugely in years to come

Corsa 1.6 sport - 1

LeeM

9th Jul 12 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Old people need regular retests or at least proper physical assessment. Most of the fuckers never took a proper test and were just handed a licence and now can't see properly.
These fuckers also get away with paying about £20 a year on insurance
SetH

9th Jul 12 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsarooney
Try, people are living longer these days so the number of OAP drivers will increase hugely in years to come

That is what I said

davegreen
Premium Member

9th Jul 12 at 21:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think everyone should be retested after 5 years regaurdless of age, you have to for opperating plant equipment! plus have medicals after 45 like you do with hgv's. The worst drivers are the foriegners, eastern europiens who dont even have a proper test!
am4nf

9th Jul 12 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im all for re-testing

Old guy gave me a brown pants moment last week on my way home, came round a corner on a 60mph road and he was reversing out his drive which has a big bit to turn in it, lucky nothing was coming the other way as I would never have stopped in time

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Dalmellington+&hl=en&ll=55.387692,-4.518471&spn=0.000195,0.110378&sll=55.444303,-4.607956&sspn=0.009931,0.027595&hnear=Dalmellington,+East+Ayrshire,+United+Kingdom&t=m&z=13&layer=c&cbll=55.387638,-4.518499&panoid=6HvxZQ7NHV3PQYcZMTjsyg&cbp=12,101.71,,0,0
daymoon
Premium Member

10th Jul 12 at 01:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by davegreen. The worst drivers are the foriegners, eastern europiens who dont even have a proper test!

And you have worked this out how exactly?
Eddx14xe

10th Jul 12 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All my near misses have been the fault of either old people or woman. My girlfriends grandad drives and he can't even walk or hold things properly.
3CorsaMeal

10th Jul 12 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's this old woman who runs the post office around here and see nearly runs me off the road most lunch breaks. I actually take lunch 30mins later now to avoid her

followed her home one day so if i need to i can do a wheelspin outside her house.
chrisritch

10th Jul 12 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
There's this old woman who runs the post office around here and see nearly runs me off the road most lunch breaks. I actually take lunch 30mins later now to avoid her

followed her home one day so if i need to i can do a wheelspin outside her house.

Please dig the thread out where your neighbour put the poster up, Need a laugh

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » OAP Drivers strike again 24 database queries in 0.0134659 seconds