corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Best software for creating a professional looking slideshow?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Best software for creating a professional looking slideshow?
A2H GO

User status: Offline
18th Jul 12 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got back from my wedding abroad, we have 100's of photos and a few short videos.

We're having a UK do in a couple of week and have a large TV I can hook the laptop up to so thought it would be good to do a slideshow of them.

We're doing a vintage theme so would be good if I could add some effects like, black & white, sepia, and some introduction screens like the old school 5,4,3,2,1 count down etc....
stubs

18th Jul 12 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am also interested in this...
stubs

18th Jul 12 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are you wanting to include video as well as photos?
Brett
Premium Member

18th Jul 12 at 11:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Windows movie maker could do this sort of thing. Has various screen wipes and overlays iirc. You could import videos too like the classic 5,4,3,2,1 etc.
A2H GO

18th Jul 12 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been told Windows movie maker is good for this sort of thing, how likely it is it will take me longer to figure out than actually creating the slideshow?

Would be good to include the video clips periodically throughout but if its going to be too much hassle over just using the photos I'll leave them out as there will be no sound anyway as people won't hear it over the DJ, talking etc.
Dom

18th Jul 12 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Powerpoint or Keynote would be the obvious answer and personally i'd opt for the latter if you're after special effects (personally haven't used Powerpoint since i was back in school so new versions might be as good or better).
There's also online apps like Prezi that are pretty decent.
Brett
Premium Member

18th Jul 12 at 11:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
I've been told Windows movie maker is good for this sort of thing, how likely it is it will take me longer to figure out than actually creating the slideshow?

It's very easy mate. It's all just drag and drop along a timeline then you can apply effects to each or different wipes inbetween, plus text etc. I'd say you'll know it inside out after about 20mins.
A2H GO

18th Jul 12 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I said to the wife about just using Powerpoint, the stuff you can do in 2010 is pretty advanced, its an option.

A mate a work bangs on about prezzie...I'll have a look.
JonnyJ

18th Jul 12 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When i do my wedding slideshows for couples i use FotoMagico. Not sure if it has any of the photo editing stuff, but the rest of the stuff you mentioned it can do.
A2H GO

18th Jul 12 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plenty for me to go off there! Nice one, looks like I'll be busy for the next few nights
Nismo

18th Jul 12 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As said windows movie maker will do it and its not half bad to be fair, can add all the effects and the slide times, import all the photos in one hit.
Balling
Premium Member

18th Jul 12 at 14:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just put a folder of pictures in to slideshow mode and had it on shuffle for our wedding reception back home.

I see no need to mess around with lovely effects and sepia tones. Waste of time.

A2H GO

18th Jul 12 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate shes had bunting made, a photbooth commissioned, custom gingham table cloths...if I don't deliver on a simple vintage slideshow I'll have my balls cut off.
Balling
Premium Member

18th Jul 12 at 14:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus Christ, you married one of those?

When we had chosen the venue we told them we wanted to pick the wine and the food as well as be able to play our own music.
Further decision would not be made by us, that's what we're fucking paying them for!

Bart

18th Jul 12 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Ive used this in the past, its well worth a look at.

Because its made by microsoft, its aimed for the larger public and is very easy to use.
A2H GO

18th Jul 12 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For my sins, yes.

We're paying tuppence for the venue that isn't really a wedding venue as such, it's a vintage (still working)steam railway station.
Dom

18th Jul 12 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
....a photbooth commissioned....

A painting, to look like a photo booth image, or an actual photo booth? If it's the latter, where are you hiring it from?
A2H GO

18th Jul 12 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was a slight exaggeration, her dads a joiner, he knocked up basically a free standing false wall with some wallpaper and frames on it, along the lines of:

[Edited on 18-07-2012 by A2H GO]
Russ

19th Jul 12 at 08:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's cool as fuck

New Poll