corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Honda CR-Z - First impressions

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Honda CR-Z - First impressions
noshua

User status: Offline
20th Jul 12 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The few that I've seen when driving look a lot better than the one you're testing, must be the spec as the one above looks very basic from the out side?

I like them
corsadonk
Premium Member

20th Jul 12 at 10:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
quote:
Originally posted by SetH
Smell funny?

Jambo

Not kidding. My boss has a CRV new one and it smells of weird plastics and glues!

He had a service and got a Jazz and it stank of plastic. Horrid car.

The factory smells like that too.
Balling
Premium Member

20th Jul 12 at 10:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by noshua
The few that I've seen when driving look a lot better than the one you're testing, must be the spec as the one above looks very basic from the out side?

Strange. Most be the colour or the photos tbh.

The shown is the GT model which is the highest specced model.

You get a few optionals like a small spoiler or metal trim for the front bumper intakes, but that's hardly anything that makes a dramatic difference...

White one does look vastly better though.

Whittie

20th Jul 12 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Usually Honda White is super bright, is that some kind of pearl white?
Balling
Premium Member

20th Jul 12 at 11:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, like the new Civic the CR-Z only comes in pearl.

I'm sure this is so that white is no longer a free colour, as it has gotten so popular.

Shame, imo.

Balling
Premium Member

20th Jul 12 at 14:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So, the missus just stopped by my work with the car and I had a quick nose around as well as a short drive.

First impressions:

It sort of has a back seat. It certainly has seat belts in the rear, but the backs of the front seats are 2-3 cm. from the rear, so only a stick figure would have his legs there. Not sure what the point is really...

Quality of interior is as good as the pictures let you believe.
Seats are fantastic.
No funny smell, but then it's from February, so might have worn out...

Trunk is fairly small when the "back seats" are up, but they fold all the way down.
Trunk has a raised floor to accomodate a big ass peice of flamingo holding a tyre repair kit. The tool to flamingo ratio is about 1to 9.

Visibility is about as good as a van.

Instruments are a bit clustered with information. Reading the manual is necessary.

Also, for a 6 months old car that has done 2000 KMs, the state of the paintwork is a nightmare. More swirled than our 11 year old corsa.
Looks like it's been cleaned with a wire brush.

The drive is pretty smooth and gearchange is incredibly good.
Engine has a strange whine. Don't know if that's the i-VTEC. Never driven a Honda...

Motorway test later tonight, I think.

[Edited on 20-07-2012 by Balling]

noshua

20th Jul 12 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:
Originally posted by noshua

Strange. Most be the colour or the photos tbh.

The shown is the GT model which is the highest specced model.

You get a few optionals like a small spoiler or metal trim for the front bumper intakes, but that's hardly anything that makes a dramatic difference...

White one does look vastly better though.

Looks loads better in those for some reason.

I suppose the seats are just there so they can say "well it has 4 seats so those with familys need not worry!"

What engine?
Balling
Premium Member

20th Jul 12 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Engine's a 1.5 i-VTEC hybrid with some minor, 10 bhp I think, electrical engine.

Around 115 bhp all in.

Having driven it for a couple of hours now I most say I'm quite impressed.

The difference in feel between the Econ and Sport driving mode is quite extraordinary. Feels like switching from a Corsa 1.0 to a 1.6 GSI.

Feels quite nippy compared to my trusty 1.4 Comfort.

dan_m1les

20th Jul 12 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got one, sport in black with the Electra alloys, very nice, people always stop and look, interior is well equipped and looks good as does the exterior.

Getting a white one in gt spec in September which is the spec to have with leather hids auto light and wipers etc.

If you want to know anything, let me know!
Balling
Premium Member

20th Jul 12 at 21:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Dan! The GT is the only version we've got over here at the moment. Not got leather and glass roof like the UK's but other than that, I think it's the same.

After having driven it, I can't really fault it on anything substantial tbh.
Next week we'll calculate costs. It's down to this or a 118d.
Can't help but think the CR-Z is a bit more exciting than the BMW. Also better specced and I must say I do prefer a petrol.

But then I'd much rather be a BMW owner than Honda owner...

We'll see what the financial aspect is like and take it from there.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Honda CR-Z - First impressions 24 database queries in 0.0128641 seconds