corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » caught speeding....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author caught speeding....
corsasportsam

User status: Offline
26th Jul 12 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on sunday i got doing 62 mph in a 50 mph zone on the m60 j25 southbound. i accept i was in the wrong as i did not know the roads and ahould o paid more attention to signs.. however i was wondering if anyone knows if can do one of those speed awareness courses instead of having the three points on my liscence as this will probably kill my insurance and am looking to have an astra gsi over my 1.6 corsa in the near future thanks folks
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

26th Jul 12 at 18:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

62 might be a bit high for the speed awareness course. A lot of people say first 3 points for speeding have barely made a difference to their insurance premium so it's probably not worth worrying about till you know properly what's happening.
XE Col
Premium Member

26th Jul 12 at 18:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those cams are not switched on most of the time
I've never risked it but know plenty who do.

Edit: unless you were pulled or already have a NIP?
Assume you do as you know it was 62mph?

[Edited on 26-07-2012 by XE Col]
john_redtop

26th Jul 12 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You might just be ok to do the course but if so it will be in the letter you get when you have been caught speeding I did one couple of month back boring 4 and a half hours but better than 3 points
JaffaTB

26th Jul 12 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got 6 for doing 66 in a 40 and my insurance didnt even go up at all
corsajay88

26th Jul 12 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never risk it on there but everyone else seems to fly past. Was there many cars about because you can see that flashing 50 sign from the top of the hill about half a mile away
gtitim

26th Jul 12 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On the NIP will be a contact number for the Central Ticket Office. Phone and ask about the course. Explain low volume of traffic, good road conditions etc etc, be polite, they may well offer the course. don't know if oyu don't ask
Ben G

26th Jul 12 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was caught doing 63 in a 50 and got offered a speed awareness course, this was recently aswell.
corsaben58

26th Jul 12 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it would usually be 55-60 speed awareness anything more usually 3 points but if the camera didnt flash twice then your fine mate
Dean_W

26th Jul 12 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did a speed awareness course a few weeks ago. The limit is 10%+9mph, so in your case 64mph.

If you have no driving convictions within the last 3 years you will probably be offered one, but it depends from county to county.

If you reply to the letter stating you were drinving and all the rest of it, they might offer you one.
XE Col
Premium Member

26th Jul 12 at 21:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsaben58
it would usually be 55-60 speed awareness anything more usually 3 points but if the camera didnt flash twice then your fine mate

average speed mate
corsasportsam

26th Jul 12 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on the letter it hasnt mentioned being able to gone on a speed awareness course so probably be a case of ill have to take the points... hope it doesnt go up to much then cheers folks
corsasportsam

26th Jul 12 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and i dont even remember getting flashed as i said i was t familiar with the roads so should of payed more attention really.. i dont have any existing convictions so will gove them a call tomorrow before i send back my details.. on e again cheers!
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

26th Jul 12 at 22:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As Col said, it's average speed cameras on that stretch so you wouldn't have got flashed.
AndyCorsaSport

26th Jul 12 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My 3 points for speeding didn't make at difference.
Tommygsi

27th Jul 12 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im in same boat just got letter throu got caught by mobile van doing 90 in a 70 duno what will happen.
Scotty_B

27th Jul 12 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tommygsi
Im in same boat just got letter throu got caught by mobile van doing 90 in a 70 duno what will happen.

**distant snap of a rubber glve going on**
JaffaTB

27th Jul 12 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought it was up to 20mph over the limit and you got a fine, anything over and its a summons, I was doing 26 over and got a summons
Toby
Premium Member

27th Jul 12 at 16:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dean_W
I did a speed awareness course a few weeks ago. The limit is 10%+9mph, so in your case 64mph.

As a rule, it does differ per police force.

quote:
Originally posted by Scotty_B
quote:
Originally posted by Tommygsi

**distant snap of a rubber glve going on**

Wouldnt say so, i would expect tyhree points and £60.00

quote:
Originally posted by JaffaTB
I thought it was up to 20mph over the limit and you got a fine, anything over and its a summons, I was doing 26 over and got a summons

I believe its a % (im led to believe 33% (which is why people assume over 100mph is an instant ban, as it attracts a summons) - but again can differ between force's) of the speed so 26mph over in a 30mph zone is going to cause greater problems than 26mph over in a 70mph zone

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » caught speeding.... 23 database queries in 0.0145569 seconds