corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Police / Cameras

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Police / Cameras
GREG 1

User status: Offline
29th Apr 03 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the police are on the side of the road with a camera (on a tripod stand) do they have to pull you over to fine you etc etc

Reason being i was just driving down the a127 and i noticed the police standing in the corner, i was going over the speed limit so i slowed down and i noticed they had a camera there i thought ohhhhh dear, when i looked at them as i was going past they didnt look at me atall

Whats the score here then guys and gals ??

Do they have to pull me over there and then or if the worst comes to the worst do i expect something in the post
jm960326

29th Apr 03 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had similar one, but I got pulled over. Have seen other ones on a tripod where they can photograph your number plate or write it down. Not sure though sorry.
Andy4B

29th Apr 03 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You might get the fine/points in the post. Thats what happened to me mum when she got caught speeding by a copper holding a speed gun.
GREG 1

29th Apr 03 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Arghhhhh i hope im ok, how far do there guns reach ??? nothing flashed (i dont think) and when i drove past they didnt look at me
GREG 1

29th Apr 03 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone ?
Welsh Dan

29th Apr 03 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

guns are summat like 1/4 mile
Richie

29th Apr 03 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they dont have 2 flash, but usually you get pulled over

[Edited on 29-04-2003 by AustinPXX]
IntaCepta

30th Apr 03 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i shouldn't worry about it,
they'll usually pull u over.

leeshez

30th Apr 03 at 05:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This happend in great harwood where i live there was a guy wavin at cars i thought silly idiot but down the road was a speed camrea so i slammed on down to 33ish and i thought that i was caught. About 2 1/2 weeks later i was talkin to the woman next door and she had got caught bye the same one doing 36 and it came in the post so im not sure if you have been caught or not Lee
Hawk Eye 1

30th Apr 03 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they get your number plate then they can send you the fine by post they do not have to pull you there and then
3CorsaMeal

30th Apr 03 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know someone who got done for speeding and he was 1 mile away when they clocked him

Sporty

30th Apr 03 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup if u were mor than 3% over the speed limit youve more than likly been done. they dont flash & they dont have to pull you over just takes a photo ov your no plate then posts you youre fine & points. was it a dual carraige way ? cos the camera can only concentrate on one lane at a time.
GREG 1

30th Apr 03 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep was dual carriage was and i think they had in on the slow lane 4 some reason cos when i went passed they didnt even look at me
Andy4B

30th Apr 03 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They don't have to pull you over.

If your on a motorway and the cop car is using VASCAR then they will pull you over and write you out a ticket.

If the cops are at the roadside using a mobile camera then they don't necessarily pull you over. I have seen mobile cameras on the tops of bridges overlooking a motorway. It is gonna be impossible to pull you over from there. They just get your reg plate and it comes through the post.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Police / Cameras 23 database queries in 0.0089211 seconds