corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » spray can colour accuracy

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author spray can colour accuracy
Bullet Proof SRi

User status: Offline
13th Aug 12 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe a stupid question but is there a need to worry about the colour accuracy of a holts dupli colour spray can when matching it to my paint.

arew they spot on
Balling
Premium Member

13th Aug 12 at 13:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm guessing it'll be dependent on the colour in question. Pretty sure stuff like spraying angle and distance can also affect the outcome on metallics.

Bullet Proof SRi

13th Aug 12 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

metalic lightning silver, little bit of front skirt is gonna be done by my mate who used to be a paint sprayer some years ago, was gonna go purchase a can from the local body shop but i already have a holts one from when i was gonna spray my calipers
Steve
Premium Member

13th Aug 12 at 13:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wouldnt use a can anywhere where its likely to be noticable or catch the light.

even cans that are mixed to your exact paint code will never be a true match as your paint will have changed over time
Corsa_Sport21

13th Aug 12 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're not sure, spray a bit onto something else as you would the front skirt (primer, paint then lacquer) then see what its like for a colour match against the car.
Corsa_Sport21

13th Aug 12 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive done many a colour coded bump strips etc and never had any issue's with paint that has been mixed up by a proper paint shop. Paint match was good.

Granted i wouldn't do panels like wings or bumpers etc, but for a splitter or skirt i wouldn't have any worries.
simonATR

13th Aug 12 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Holts are usually a good colour match but silver is a serious fucking ball ache to get right and a splitter isn't exactly small.
Benn

13th Aug 12 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Remember most colour have 3-5 shades. Rattle can will only be made with the standard shade.

Think 1 is say more blue, 5 is more red, rattle can will be 3.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » spray can colour accuracy 24 database queries in 0.0127380 seconds